Headbanger's Ball

bRaTpRiNcEsS

Feb 4, 2002
Past the Point of Caring
Visit site
So I had the TV Guide Channel on the other night when I discovered that channel 75, which used to be nothing, is now MTV2. It hasn't been there long, but the point is I have it now. So I was going to check out HBB but since I haven't heard anything about it in a while...

What time is it on (please don't make me go to mtv.com for that) and is it worth watching?

Discuss.

it used to be on at 9pm (central time), i assume it still is. I haven't bothered to watch in a few months because i always forget to tape it. When I did watch it, they seemed to repeat many videos from week to week. I suggest you tape it so you can skip through the bad videos and commercials

Its fun to watch. You might night not like all the bands but they do play Safe Home sometimes. They do short 1/2 versions of it on weeknites at like 6:30 (PST) I think. The Saturday night one runs from 7 - 9 (PST) I think.

Its okay to have on if your doing something else like playing on the computer or playing cards with friends. But its boring to just sit there and stare at the TV for two hours.

johnnieCzech said:
Anyone recalls Kristiane Backer?

Hmmm, wasn´t she the german chick on MTV Europe who couldn´t speak english? :Smug:

She had long dark hair and did the MTV Coca-Cola Report or something back in the 90's. I never liked her, she was such a snob... last time I saw her she had a show on VH1 or something.

BTW johnnie, do you remember Pip Dan? The dutch girl who used to host the danceshows? She was much better than Backer in my opinion, did a lot of funny interviews with all kinds of bands!

Arg_Hamster said:
Hmmm, wasn´t she the german chick on MTV Europe who couldn´t speak english? :Smug:

She had long dark hair and did the MTV Coca-Cola Report or something back in the 90's. I never liked her, she was such a snob... last time I saw her she had a show on VH1 or something.

BTW johnnie, do you remember Pip Dan? The dutch girl who used to host the danceshows? She was much better than Backer in my opinion, did a lot of funny interviews with all kinds of bands!
Yeeah, exactly! I had a big crush on Kristiane back in the day :lol: Yeah I remember Pip Dan, she was okay too.

~Well, compared to how it used to be... I mean when Headbangers Ball ended they were playing the latest grunge videos, and a whole lot of hairspray and spandex. Now they're playing mostly mall-core with like 3-5 videos of good stuff (meaning black, death, thrash, gothenburg, etc.). So as a whole they're showing better videos, but to be honest I'd much rather see Quiet Riot or Twisted Sister than the nuest Korn or Deftones clones.

johnnieCzech said:
Yeah I remember Pip Dan, she was okay too.

Kristine
Pip
Paul Whateverhisnameis
Steve Blame (Ftevfe Bflame)
Ray Coke(head)
Katja
... and my fav... VANESSA WARWICK! She was good, remember when she had Scott and Frank on HBB in 95. I still have that tape somewere. :headbang:

Wonder what happens to old MTV hosts when they die, do they end up on VH1?

Arg_Hamster said:
Kristine
Pip
Paul Whateverhisnameis
Steve Blame (Ftevfe Bflame)
Ray Coke(head)
Katja
... and my fav... VANESSA WARWICK! She was good, remember when she had Scott and Frank on HBB in 95. I still have that tape somewere. :headbang:

Wonder what happens to old MTV hosts when they die, do they end up on VH1?
I have taped Anthrax special after SOWN came out, with Vanessa :)

It's just not an exciting show....most bands nowadays are boring when sitting there in the studio, they don't go anywhere and do anything, they just sit there in front of you and be boring....and they play a bunch of growling bullshit, no actual melody in most of the stuff. The old Headbanger's Ball at least was fun to watch from the parts of it I've seen....there are no live performances on this one either like their should be...and Jamie Jasta is not a very good host...no street reporting, and nothing worth seeing really.

johnnieCzech said:
I have taped Anthrax special after SOWN came out, with Vanessa :)
Isn't that the one where Dom was their roadie for a day...or something?
I remember he had to shave Scott's neck, and John threw a basket ball at him.

ThraxDude said:
Isn't that the one where Dom was their roadie for a day...or something?
I remember he had to shave Scott's neck, and John threw a basket ball at him.
Yeah, exactly! Pretty cool stuff!!!