Headline shows Vs. Dream Theater shows

Dream Theater are very talented, I just don't like their style or sound all that much. Way too rock-ish and swatched in prog madness for me.

Fuck, I'm seeing one of the opeth headline dates in North Myrtle Beach, so I don't have to worry about a short Opeth set. That said, I do like DT. Their new stuff is kinda mainstream. My 3 year-old son walks around singing "Awaken" all day. Not a bad song, but a damn cool video.

dream theater are a bunch of pretentious showboat fucks that couldn't write a song if they tried.I hate bands that worry more about showing off than crafting out actual killer metal songs.dream theater=geek rock.
Pig we get it, you don't like DT. :rolleyes:

Not only that, but apparently there's a lot of DT stuff he hasn't heard, especially the older stuff. Anyone who thinks they're only about showing off hasn't a clue what they're talking about. And whether or not they write killer songs is a matter of personal taste.

You need to get over that he doesnt like DT.
He is just expressing his opinion.

Seriously, get over it.

I though it was another "get over it post" by NobodyImportant

Dude, I couldn't care less whether or not he likes Dream Theater. So no I don't "need to get over that he doesn't like DT," because there's nothing there for me to get over.

My comments were not directed at his not liking DT, but his bashing comments. Not liking and bashing are two different things. When I did mention his not liking DT, I said, "Big deal," which should have tipped you off that I don't care.

No band can appeal to everyone, not even the Beatles (the most successful band ever), so it would be quite ridiculous for someone to think that everyone should like DT. I don't think that, and I don't give a rat's ass when someone says they don't care for DT. However, I do believe that we should all show a little more respect for others' musical tastes than a lot of people do, and refrain from all-out bashing.