Headline shows Vs. Dream Theater shows

The wrong band is headlining.Think about it,who's latest record{or even t-shirts} will sell more Opeth's or dream theater's?OPETH!!!By several thousand's.dreamtheater's glam/prog sound just dont gel.That's the problem with Opeth is they usually don't tour with very good bands.

think of how stupid the average person is, and realize, half of them are stupider than that

Dead? How so? Over their 20 year history, they've sold a few million albums, withou any radio or big commercial promotion, like Opeth. If you don't like them, fine...your choice. But geez, dead? ummm, ok....

There is no way DT are dead.

On a separate note, I've never seen DT live and this is a good opportunity for me. I wish there was a opeth headliner near me, but there isn't so I'm stuck with this. If there was I would probably go to both shows.

Well I will chime in since I am a DT fan. I guess I can say DT was the band that got me into progressive music which in turn led me to Opeth, so thats a good thing in my opinion.

As for the two bands touring together, for me it is a great thing even though I will not be able to see the tour due to them not coming even remotely close to me. But they are very different, and you will see two very different crowds at the venues.

As for DT being dead. I would have to say no. But I think you would find a growing number of fans that are dissatisfied with the direction they are going. I am one of them. But I still enjoy their CD's, I just play Opeth more now.

I went to DT's concert last summer and I have to say I was very surprised at how great they sounded live. They played for 2 hours straight, no talking to the crowd...nothing. Just jammed out and it ended up being a great show. So for me it was well worth the money to see them despite how I feel about them as of late. I do grow very tired of the Jorden Rudess overindulgence as each newer album is released. And it was very evident during their concert. I think he had like two solo's....wtf??:puke:

dream theater are a bunch of pretentious showboat fucks that couldn't write a song if they tried.I hate bands that worry more about showing off than crafting out actual killer metal songs.dream theater=geek rock.

:bah: well, according to the lopez of the mars volta, the "label" progression is arbitrary since all bands naturally progress. :bah: i'll take some tree with that sap please!!!!

omar owns. just saw tmv at myrtle beach. & opeth will be there headlining in a month and half, brutal.

dream theater are a bunch of pretentious showboat fucks that couldn't write a song if they tried.I hate bands that worry more about showing off than crafting out actual killer metal songs.dream theater=geek rock.

Pig we get it, you don't like DT. :rolleyes:

To me, the fact that Opeth is going to be playing is all I need to hear. The fact that DT is the headliner is irrelevant, I'll take any opportunity to see Opeth I can get. So, DT gig vs the headliner? I'll take BOTH!!! :heh:

Ok...so the next time I see a band proud of the fact that they can play, or display some great technical riffs, I'll yell out "you're a fucking show off, you fucking geek!" I'm not going to say that I haven't posted a "they stink" here and there, but it's usually because they can't play their instruments very well. Take Steve Vai for example....he plays really well, but does he show off that? Not exactly, he humps his guitar, and licks things while playing. THAT bothers me. But, you know what? He's a good musician, so I close my eyes when I go see him.

I think people have the chance to see 2 amazing bands touring together. A second thought of mine is that to be a fan of Opeth, you probably have to have a pretty open mind. To say DT is dead, or "geek rock" (in a negative way) or whatever is not very open-minded. Especially when DT is actually one of the most talented bands out there. Maybe they are considered "geek rock" to some. Personally, I think Rush and Yes are "geek rock", but I'm a huge fan of both! Geek rock is actually some of the best music out there.

So what's the PIGIRON listen to anyway?? :Smug:

Gay? Oh well, so is Rob Halford, and a few other metal musicians. make sure you go see the Progressive Nations tour, and gay-bash away!! Yipeeeeeee!