Hearing Loss

KING

Dec 11, 2001
fireign.cjb.net
I have a question for everybody here that has spent years of their life playing or listening to loud music. Is anybody here loosing their hearing, or think they might be going deaf? Lately i've been having trouble hearing clearly from my right ear! Is this a sign that I should start wearing earplugs when jammin or stop listening to so much loud music?

I think its a sign man that you should start wearing ear plugs. There is a hearing problem Tinitus, You should read up on it. But I have been listening to loud music for a long time and notice that my hearing is indeed damaged. Jamming or at shows I usually wear now. Better safe than sorry. I want to still be able to listen to metal when I'm 80.

Definitely wear earplugs at jams and at gigs when playing and listening. As a teen into my early 20s I never wore earplugs and my ears would always be ringing for a day or 2 after jamming....bad stuff!! It was like your ears have water in them, everything was muffled. I realized I was permanently damaging my hearing and then religiously began wearing earplugs. At first you might not like it because of the way you are used to hearing the music with no protection...but you get used to it. Actually, I find at high volume, the earplugs smooth out the sound and I hear things better. Like the above poster said, I also want to be able to listen to metal for the rest of my life!!