Heathen Crusade 3 Status Update

kupshi

Jul 14, 2002
AZ USA
September 11, 2007

May as well jump right and say it....We are sorry to say that there will not be a Heathen Crusade 3 Festival (HC3) in January 2008.

As some of you know we have been trying to secure some additional sponsors/investors to make the HC3 a reality. Unfortunately to date we have not been successful in securing the additional financing necessary to put on another Fest. And it is now so late in the year that we would never be able to get the Fest organized to the standard we demand of ourselves, and also, I think, to the standard that the fans have come to expect of the Heathen Crusade.

So we are postponing the HC3 to a yet undetermined date. At the moment we are thinking sometime later in 2008 or early 2009. This will give us time to get better organized and to secure the sponsors/investors we need.

We also want to extend our heart felt thanks to all the people here on the Ultimate Metal – Royal Carnage board for their support and for the pledge drive. It means a lot to us that you all would want to go to such lengths to help the Fest continue. Please do not give up on us. We will do our best to make the HC3 a reality, just a little later than originally planned.

I am sure there will be some people out there who say that we are only concerned about making money with this Fest and that is why we are not doing it. That cannot be further from the truth. As the founder of the Heathen Crusade, I (Kris) personally financed the first 2 Heathen Crusade Fests out of my own pocket. And I ended up using a lot of my own money because neither Fest came close to breaking even. But I did not care because this Fest has never been about making money for me. It started as a desire to bring some friends of mine to the US to play their first ever show in North America. All I ever wanted was to come close to breaking even. And that is all I want now.

I have absolutely NO problem with the fact that I had to use so much of my own money to make the first two Fests what they were. If I could keep doing it I would. And bottom line is that someone has to be financially responsible if the Fest does not make money, and that is me. But I personally do not have the savings anymore to continue to be the sole financial backer of the Fest. If I could, I would! So that is why we started looking for people/companies to help lessen the financial burden. But it is easier said than done, especially when we want to keep the intent and philosophy behind the Fest intact.

We are NOT giving up! We just need more time to get it all together.

It will probably be around March of 2008 before we start thinking seriously again about the HC3. John and I both have other obligations for the rest of this year that need to be dealt with before we can continue with planning for the HC3.

So until next year, thanks for all your continued support!
Sincerely,
Kris & John

As much as it saddens me, since I was hoping so much for it sooner than later, I'll still say this: Whenever it is, unless I die, I'll be there.

You've been fighting a hell of a battle to do these from the start, mate. It's just a logistical nightmare for these kinds of bands in this country, and the fact you managed it twice is quite amazing, frankly. I hope you manage it a third time so I can finally make it.

Gilbert, eh? Craziness, we're damn near neighbors.

That's unfortunate but very understandable. I applaud the both of you for even trying to do a third one! Whenever HCIII takes place, I'm positive you'll have this forums support and I'm sure our pledges will still be there waiting.

Thanks for two kick-ass fests! :kickass:

Kris,

Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop and to both of you for all your continued efforts. I think I can speak for the majority (and probably 100%) of fans on this board when I say that the thought of you guys doing it for the money has never even once crossed any of our minds. It is so obvious just how much you genuinely care about the music and about the fans.

It would be completely unfair for any of us to expect you to continue to lose your shirt on this thing. We are eternally grateful for the experiences you have given us and you have our unwavering support for all future incarnations of Heathen Crusade and beyond. Let's all hope together that this is not the end, but only the beginning of something that is truly special to all of us.

We will be here when you need us.

Count on it.

Jason

I am sure there will be some people out there who say that we are only concerned about making money with this Fest and that is why we are not doing it.........it started as a desire to bring some friends of mine to the US to play their first ever show in North America. All I ever wanted was to come close to breaking even. And that is all I want now.

*applause*

I have absolutely NO problem with the fact that I had to use so much of my own money to make the first two Fests what they were. If I could keep doing it I would........But it is easier said than done, especially when we want to keep the intent and philosophy behind the Fest intact.

You will always have our support. Based on your intent and philosophy alone, and with the community you bring together, the line up is secondary.

I'm just glad you didn't sell out and get a corporate rock metal band to headline.

I would RATHER you cancel / delay than having to endure watching an OzzFest support act headlining HC of all places.

We are NOT giving up! We just need more time to get it all together.

My pledge is set in stone, provided you stick to your guns.

I'm just pleased to hear that it's going to happen. If it stays on the same course as the last two, I have no gripes in waiting another year.

Thanks for everything Kupshizzle.

I'm glad it's not this winter, because now I should be able to go ;). Anyways keep up the good work! HC1 and 2 were probably some of the best shows I've ever been to.

@kupshi

Now that we know HC3 aint gonna happen (at least not for a long while), can you give us an insight as to which bands you would have tried to line up?