Heathen - The Evolution of Chaos

Vicious Robbie,

I thought I did this last night but must not have hit submit...

I just wanted to say many thanks for starting this thread. We're really proud of the new Heathen album and we appreciate your help in getting the word out there. Thanks from all of us in Heathen! :headbang:

Cheers,

Kragen

Vicious Robbie,

I just wanted to say many thanks for starting this thread. We're really proud of the new Heathen album and we appreciate your help in getting the word out there. Thanks from all of us in Heathen! :headbang:

Cheers,

Kragen

My pleasure, bro. I thought the disk deserved a thread and I knew the old schoolers here would dig it. Sorry for not liking Red Tears, it just did not hit home with me but in no way it takes away from the consistency the record delivers. I wish you guys nothing but a succesful 2010 and beyond :):):)

Vicious Robbie,

Cheers,

Kragen

Kragen, welcome to the board. We are honored to have another fine musician posting here. Like many here I've been awaiting a new Heathen album for a long time, and I'm very pleased with the product eagerly awaiting iFebruary 16th for its release :kickass:

Vicious Robbie,

No sweat. Everybody likes different things in music so I am not at all offended. Luckily there is a lot of variety on the album. Something for everyone as they say. :kickass:

Wyvern,

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it!

Cheers!

Kragen

Kragen, thx for the posts - a lot of artists/musicians still don't take time out to post on their own boards or topics related to them. Can't wait for mid Feb, which is much better than the end of March! :loco:

Any preliminary plans regarding touring yet? I understand the balancing act you and the other band members have (Prototype, Exodus, etc...) but hopefully Heathen will be hitting the road soon?

Tentative tour dates for March:

12/3 UK PRESTATYN HAMMERFEST CONFIRMED
13/3 UK LONDON UNDERWORLD
14/3 NL ROTTERDAM BAROEG
15/3 D SIEGEN BLUE BOX
16/3 F
17/3 D INGOLSTADT PARADOX
18/3 CH AARAU KIFF
19/3 IT
20/3 IT GORIZIA PIEFFE FACTORY
21/3 SLO MARIBOR
22/3 RO BAIA MARE TINERTULUI HALL
23/3 A VIENNA VIPER ROOM
24/3 D
25/3 D
26/3 D ESSEN TURLOCK
27/3 NL
28/3 NL TILBURG 013

Here's the official news bulletin:

HEATHEN “THE EVOLUTION OF CHAOS” U.S. RELEASE DATE MOVED UP TO FEBRUARY

Mascot Records has moved up the release date of the new HEATHEN album “The Evolution of Chaos” from its previous date in March to February 16th. The album was released in Japan on December 23rd via King Records and has garnered incredible reviews worldwide. The European release date is set for January 25th. “The Evolution of Chaos” can currently be pre-ordered at Amazon.com. HEATHEN is currently planning a tour of Europe in support of the new album, with dates to be announced soon. A broadcast quality video of the bands performance at the THRASH DOMINATION 2009 festival in Kawasaki, Japan can be seen at on YouTube here.

The band's current lineup includes Dave White (vocals), Lee Altus (guitar; EXODUS), Kragen Lum (guitar; PROTOTYPE), Jon Torres (bass; ANGELWITCH) and returning drummer Darren Minter.

"The Evolution Of Chaos" track listing:

01. Dying Season
02. Control By Chaos
03. No Stone Unturned
04. Arrows Of Agony
05. Fade Away
06. A Heroe's Welcome
07. Undone
08. Bloodkult
09. Red Tears Of Disgrace
10. Silent Nothingness

Hopefully we'll be announcing the full European tour soon with Japanese and U.S. dates to follow. :)

Cheers!

Kragen

The album is great, i like it a lot!

Hey Christine good to see you around :), and yes it's a very good album. I listened it again today with earphones while playing in the job :lol:, and the album definitively catches my attention. It's a good test drive ;)

The full album is streaming on the HEATHEN Myspace if you haven't already heard it. Here's the official press release:

HEATHEN: ENTIRE NEW ALBUM AVAILABLE FOR STREAMING

Bay Area Thrash band HEATHEN has posted all 10 tracks from their new album “The Evolution of Chaos” on its Myspace page: www.myspace.com/heathenmetal.

“The Evolution of Chaos” will finally see its release in the US next Tuesday, February 16th via Mascot Records. The album, which was released in Japan on December 23rd and in Europe on January 25th, has garnered incredible reviews worldwide and recently debuted at #75 on the German charts. “The Evolution of Chaos” can currently be pre-ordered at Amazon.com, CD Universe, The End Records, CM Distro and other online retailers. HEATHEN is currently scheduling a tour of Europe in support of the new album, with dates to be announced soon.

The current HEATHEN lineup includes Dave White (vocals), Lee Altus (guitar; EXODUS), Kragen Lum (guitar; PROTOTYPE), Jon Torres (bass; ANGELWITCH) and Darren Minter (drums).

“The Evolution of Chaos” track listing:
01. Dying Season
02. Control By Chaos
03. No Stone Unturned
04. Arrows Of Agony
05. Fade Away
06. A Hero's Welcome
07. Undone
08. Bloodkult
09. Red Tears Of Disgrace
10. Silent Nothingness

“The Evolution of Chaos” will finally see its release in the US next Tuesday, February 16th via Mascot Records.

I know the wait is killing me :Smokin:. But I already have it set with other CDs for a haul :cool:

fuck when will there be bay area dates haha!!! seriously i've been listening to this every couple of days and it just doesn't get old, i can't believe after so long a band can come out and put out something this fucking good while other bands come back and put out utter shit.

Bumping this one as my copy just arrived.

:Smokin::Smokin::Smokin:

Thrash or die!
r8wu.gif

After a little over a week of listening to TEoC a few times, I will have to still give the edge to VoD. That being said, TEoC is still pretty damn splendid.

"Dying Season", "Arrows of Agony" and "Silent Nothingness" are the best tracks IMO, but maybe that's because they've had over 4 years in my music rotation compared to the new stuff. Am I crazy when I think the 2005 demo versions sound better than the new versions on the album?

As for the new stuff, "Control by Chaos" and "Bloodkult" would be my faves. "No Stone Unturned" is good, but it can't match "Heathen's Song". I have no issue with the theme of "A Hero's Welcome" (my dad (RIP) was a vet), but it does kinda get overbearing with its message - maybe a faster song tempo would have helped. As for the rest of the songs, they're very good, just missing a little something that I can't put into words (again, IMHO).

Overall, I'd give it an easy 8 out of 10 if pressed for a number. Not perfect, but EASILY better than just about anything else out right now in it's genre. Good job guys, and although they've been back together a while, I'll say welcome back! :hotjump:

I have no issue with the theme of "A Hero's Welcome" (my dad (RIP) was a vet), but it does kinda get overbearing with its message - maybe a faster song tempo would have helped.

One of my favorite songs from the album but I agree that the message part MUSICALLY kills the mood, a different tempo indeed would have made a difference. My other faves are for now: 'Red Tears Of Disgrace, 'Dying Season' and the great 'No Stone Unturned'.