Heaven and Hell

Well, as some people proclaimed me as Jezus last night ("Jezus, you look nice"), I would rather call Lemmy my dad...But Dio is my favorite uncle :headbang:

Saw the opening night in Vancouver along with the full set in Calgary. Both were fantastic! It's a shame H&H are dropping songs until New York. But with YouTube who needs to go to shows anymore? Anyone can watch the video. I can't wait to see the next online trend in which folk post how x band sucks live when they've never been to a show.

Holy crap! Dio sounds friggin' AWESOME! And me with more than a month to wait. And that DVD they'll be making at Radio City -- where's the pre-order signup for that!!?!? :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

GAH! There's tons of stuff from that Calgary show. I just got done watching "I":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ipxgno0tc

They cut off the intro but man does that song kick ass!

NOTHING, I mean NOTHING beats being there...
Live shows is where it's at, expensive at times sure, but it's
where it's at.

You got that right. I don't want to get all metaphysical and shit but there's a two-way energy exchange that goes on during live shows. There can be watching a video too but it's one way and I don't think it's nearly the same. I'd say it's pretty similar to watching a sporting event at the stadium versus on TV.

I'll agree with the sports comparison, seeing a concert is very similar to attending a football, basketball, etc. game. Half the show is the people around you all sharing an interest. The other half is the show itself, when most of the time you don't know if your team is going to show up to play or get skunked.

It's not worth it to me, though. I'm more anti-social the older I get and fighting the crowds is always something I dread. The payoff has to be well worth it for me to brave a crowd, and I must be able to enjoy the concert from a reserved seat with little interference from those around me.

Besides if I get drunk and stoned enough, a I can develop a "metaphysical two-way energy exchange" with a DVD concert...:zombie:

It's not worth it to me, though. I'm more anti-social the older I get and fighting the crowds is always something I dread. The payoff has to be well worth it for me to brave a crowd, and I must be able to enjoy the concert from a reserved seat with little interference from those around me.

If I know going into it what the crowd is going to be like then I'm OK. I'm definitely more OK with crowds at concerts and sporting events. Any other crowd activity and I go nuts. Especially at the grocery store.

Besides if I get drunk and stoned enough, a I can develop a "metaphysical two-way energy exchange" with a DVD concert...:zombie:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I wouldn't know what that's like anymore. Although the neighbor lady did accuse me of having naked pot parties a few years ago. I wish! Maybe her medication needed adjusting.

WOW Dio sounds absolutely superb. Canny wait for this concert to hit Glasgow on 6th November - presale starting today, so just going to get my tickets RIGHT NOW. Lamb of God and Iced Earth are the support for UK - who the hell are they when they're at home:lol:

I never understood why people would get wasted before, during and after the show?! Can't you do that at home? Plus it's cheaper and you don't have to drive!!!!
I did that once for Van Halen in 1985. Got so blasted I don't remember the opening band and was outside laying on the grass during most of VH. Oh, and I paid $20 (ticket price) for the priviledge.

I vowed to never do that again. What a fucking waste. I'll have a few drinks at a show to get a glow, but I want my memory intact so I can re-live it for years to come.