Heaven of the picks

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
I buy picks every month, during my life I've bought perhaps 1.000 picks and yesterday at home I had no pick at all to play!! I had to use an old mobile sim card!!!

Okey, many of them I throw to audience during live performances, the same as my pants, but the rest?
Where do all those picks go to? I try to fin them under my bed, cupboards... but nothing.
The same way there is a heaven for humans, even a heaven for dogs, there must be a heaven of picks where they float peacefully, billions of picks dancing together eternally free from dirty fingers and grinding strings.

Perhaps you are onto something. There must be an invisible pick Jeezus who, ever so often, performs some sort of a pick rapture and they all simply blink out of corporeal existence.

For this reason, I keep my picks in a rapture proof wooden stash box. I've got like 50 in there at any given time. If they start disappearing out of my box I suppose I'll have to start sacrificing animals or something to appease the pick Jeezus. Brutal.

Actually they go to the center of the planet. Do yo know why it´s so dense? It has all the picks, BIC pens, hair bands, etc.

+1
as gay as it sounds, i spend a similar amount of time looking for hair bands as i do picks!
I buy at least 4-6 picks every month...maybe it's the fact that i don't leave home without one or it will be a bad day.

goddamn, use the pick pocket in your jeans, i figured it out a while ago, that stupid shite little pocket within the big pocket in jeans, ITS FOR PICKS. at least, i think so anyway. tis better than losing them to the pick faries

A coin pocket of a wallet is a good place to keep picks. Just don't try buying anything with them haha.
I always have a pick in my wallet, one at my computer and one stuck in the strings of each of my guitars (at the 12th frett, I hate seeing picks pushed upto the nut, as if you're not gona throw your tuning out like that)

One thing i can't stand are those pic holders.

images

Whats even worse is when people stick them to the back of the guitar

Actually they go to the center of the planet. Do yo know why it´s so dense? It has all the picks, BIC pens, hair bands, etc.

Hair bands? You mean those rounded rubber bands?, haha, yes. There must be a Hell of Rubbber Bands. I solved that problem 5 years ago having my hair cut.
One tip: use your condom's edge rubber if you are in a emergengy situation. If used, clean it up or you will get a nice hair gel.

Talking about picks, have you ever set on flames a tortoise shell like pick?
These kind of picks:
7picks.jpg

Take your lighter and burn one of these, they burn like Hell!!

Im using A :D Those mondo ones just look like its been used for a few years. HORRIBLE! :p

I have podered this very issue many, many times. I don't lose picks at live shows, and I don't really play guitar anywhere other than at home and at the practice space...yet, the dozens of lost picks are at neither location! It's totally bizarre. I like the pick fairy theory- I think it's just the tooth fairy, bitter that you don't have teeth for her anymore. To accentuate her bitterness, she gives you nothing in return for the pick.

I like the pick fairy theory- I think it's just the tooth fairy, bitter that you don't have teeth for her anymore. To accentuate her bitterness, she gives you nothing in return for the pick.

Maybe she gives you something you can't see, like 1 point to your guitar skills like an RPG game.
hmm...that could explain why my learning rate has slowed down, because i've been looking after my pics:cry: