Heaven, quite a climb...

Burke&HareInc.

New Metal Member
Apr 7, 2010
By now, I think everybody is aware of the tragic event that took place.
It's a terrible shame that never should have happened, regardless of who has started. I fear the consequences, not only for the process of peace in the Middle East but also for the people who try to live their lifes the best they can.

Furthermore, I feel sorry for the members of Orphaned Land who have been working so hard to spread their message of peace and understanding trough music. Kobi Farhi, Yossi Sa'aron, the rest of the band and the other musicians involved in Orphaned Land wouldn't have wanted any of this or the furious reactions that followed afterwards. They have always motivated their fans and others to focus on what unites people, namely music, and embrace each other's differences in order to learn from each other, evolve ourselves and understand each other. After all, knowledge is empowerment. I'm not afraid to admit that "The Never Ending Way of OrWarriOR" has brought me insight in the world of Judaism and Islam. Or better yet, it has made me realise how little I actually know about it all. For that, it's an unique album that I will cherish.
The news has raised some bad blood internationally and it was a cruel reminder of how easily good actions can be undone and a good reputation destroyed.
Orphaned Land does not represent any political orientation, never did and never will, how tempting it must be sometimes and with them are a lot of people from everywhere who can not support the actions taken.

I needed to get this of my chest. However, unwantedly, I may have put a polital message into it. This was not my intention and if my post is considered inappropiate by the administrators, they should feel free to remove it, for the well being of this forum.

Peace to everyone. Evolve yourself and lose all hate, so an heaven you may create, no matter how far away it seems.

today I sent this message to the french Israely embassy

Hello

The email to protest against your cowardly acts, the army of Israel is an army of murderers and proved it once again after the bloody killings in Gaza, I am sickened by this inhuman act, yet you are a people who suffered in, why do you suffer in your turn the Palestinian people? believe you that you are alone on the planet, there are only your people and your only justice? you go against the declaration of the state of Israel and those principles! I certainly hope so strong sanctions not against the people of Israel but against his government that has lost reason.

Now the people of the world you look, and those eyes there is anger.

Bhudda bless you

Ramses, shame on you for sending that letter.

Israel is not the evil murderers you think they are.
Why these so called peace activists had these stuff in their ships:

and why they acting like that

??
And they they attacked the Israeli soldiers forehand?
Why this stupid flotilla was initiated anyway? I'll tell you why, to make Israel looks like evil monsters, and fools like you believe in that.

There is no logic in letting ships come into Gaza, because if we let these ships come in, it's only a matter of time until Gaza's rockets supply we'll grow larger and Israel we'll bombed again..

Stop critic Israel. It's not your country anyway, and you don't have any right to tell the IDF how to protect Israel.
Why I don't hear you critic Turkey's massacre towards the Kurds? Ah?
Stop critic Israel for fuck sake, you didn't had rockets blowing your ass so you don't have any right to tell the IDF what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ramses I don't have any reason to be afraid :)
Just don't critic Israel without no reason.
Why don't you critic North Korea who bobmed and killed 46 sailors of Southern Korea for no reason?
אתה בסה"כ אנטישמי קטן.

It is ok to discuss politics here sometimes, but please let's try to close the divide by looking for common grounds, instead of widening the gap by discussing matters we will never know the real truth of. This is sad, but true, news regarding this matter is mostly propaganda- from both sides.
Personally I mourn the loss of any life, no matter on what 'side' they are lost.

I always say that people are not their government and so I will judge them by their deeds and not by their nationality. I hope others can think the same when it comes to Orphaned Land and its members.

Some comments from Turkish fans on the bands facebook:
My dear brothers,
We all know your thoughts about peace.
And we agree with you. I hope the concert in Sonisphere İstanbul will be good.
Come here and let's sing together for peace.
See you soon my brothers.

We love u guys.We know u want to peace for all the world.Hi from TURKEY.

Dear brothers! Come to Turkey and play for peace in Sonisphere!!! We love you

we love music, we love metal, we love orphaned land! that is tha real fact! we know, music is universal and we shouldn't grow up hatred in it.we don't have any relation neither torrorism nor politics! and in this concert everybody see this!
keep on guys! we love you! peaceful respects from turkey ;)

Kobi posted this video

See, I have no hate for anyone. But when it comes to this kind of things (turkish-kurds; koreans-koreans) and this stupid war between israel and palestine, the thoughts are different.

We should not blame the people in the streets, because the people is never, ever involved in this kind of things. We should not blame someone for his or her nationality. But I DO blame the nations themselves. Politicians in the high spheres, those are responsible for all this. It is ALWAYS about power and money, and this is what they hold, but it would never be enought for them.

For me, I don't feel any flag in the world representates me. I don't believe in nations. The World is my nation, and so it is for everyone. Fighting and for just a piece of land is so f..ng stupid that it would be funny if weren't for the great lost of lifes.

I feel sad for every person who loose his life in this kind of conflicts, but I won't mourn the lost of the ones who orchestrate this.

I'm a citizen of the world , my fight is for the justice for everybody and everywhere , for humans , animals and vegetables.
when there is too much suffering, action is better than words or the music.

[/quote]

Omituofo / Buddha bless you

If you want to go all political be my guest, but realize that Orphaned Land has absolutely nothing to do with Politics, as a band that is. The aim of OL (through their music) has always been to bring those PEOPLE together. Not the Politicians, but the PEOPLE. Now all the shit that is going on are all political conflicts, neither we (people) nor OL are involved.

And anyway we people are all condemned to sin and do mistakes, that is including murder. All of us, whether Muslim, Jewish or Christian, we all have murderers and killings in our history, that doesn't mean we support or believe in it. And none of them Abrahamic Religions (or any other world religion for the matter) premotes or accepts murdering others.
So there's no need to involve the beautiful people with the political conflict.

Remember the media spreads alot of propaganda for its own political benefits. The Israeli media will often present the muslim people as evil bombermen terrorists and the Islamic media will often present Jews as greedy thieves who want to take over the entire muslim world.

But we all know the truth is far from it, while the politicians and goverments may have their filthy ambitions, we people crave for nothing but living in peace harmony!

Of course it is understandable that huminatiarian aid is brought to The Gaza strip. It's locked, dead poor and broken. Israeli paranoia will only make matters worse. People are less likely to commit atrocities if they are given prosperous conditions... The soldiers didn't even knock they just barged in, uninvited... an act of rudeness.

Why I don't hear you critic Turkey's massacre towards the Kurds? Ah?
Stop critic Israel for fuck sake, you didn't had rockets blowing your ass so you don't have any right to tell the IDF what to do.

Ahhhhh, that is tragically hurting! How I wish that people who considers himself/herself to be intellectual failing to see the other side of the medallion to recover themselves from this failure... Like trying to learn how Kurdish terrorist creating endless violence for years even killing just two-week babies. When Palestians suicide bombers attack civilians, they are labelled as terrorist, when the Kurdish terrorists do the same they become "freedom fighters". What a twisted mentality. Judge not lest you be judged yourself.

Well, may be you would just remind the French people about the French massacre in Algeria, not always despised Turks.

PA: Sorry to revive this topic but I hate it when ignorance stays continually...