Heavenly fans in here !

davo

oso flaco
Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
:rolleyes:

Ok, Ok already.... i had to start a Heavenly thread because that's all you're are talking about on my FREEDOM CALL thread !

So anyways... i checked Heavenly's background and they were indeed... a punk band ! To tell the truth i've never heard them so... What is their best album?

Ps. Freedom Call rules. :D

Hey, I'm a huge Heavenly fan! Hence the name, Heavenly Call! I like the second album (Sign Of The Winner) MUCH better than the first. Better production and better songs. Ben Soto can sing that style of music with the best of them! The accent is a little thick, but it can be overlooked because the music kicks ass!

Heavenly is overrated. The last album has some great music and a crystal clear sound, but I can't stand the voice of that guy. They are an ok band, but not that great.

Originally posted by alexofbodom
Heavenly is overrated. The last album has some great music and a crystal clear sound, but I can't stand the voice of that guy. They are an ok band, but not that great.

I totally disagree; this band has tremendous talent and deserves to go places. Yeah, they may have perfected the Helloween sound of the late 80's, but is that a bad thing? Every time I listen to the newer album, I get chills. Also, I had the pleasure of seeing them live, and it was explosive!

They would fit in perfectly at PP in the # 2 spot!!!!

Sign of the Winner is incredible. Although Kai Hansen and Pat Sielk appear on the first album, I actually think Heavenly are better off without them just because SotW is that much better than the debut.

@Davo: Are you sure they used to be a punk band? I know that if you look up Heavenly on CDuniverse, they accidentally lump Heavenly in with another band (that might be punk), but the two were totally different I thought...?

I love Heavenly. Sign of the Winner's my favorite of the two...but I love the first one as well. I couldn't believe how different Ben sounded between the two albums. I hear he's pretty incredible live too. I'd love to see 'em at Progpower.

Originally posted by JayKeeley
@Davo: Are you sure they used to be a punk band? I know that if you look up Heavenly on CDuniverse, they accidentally lump Heavenly in with another band (that might be punk), but the two were totally different I thought...?

Ok, yes there is another band who has quats to call themselves Heavenly... i'll just make sure i get 'Sign of the Winner' ;)