Bodom in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUS_Darien

New Metal Member
Feb 22, 2006
Hello everyone!
I'am writing from cold Russia, the city of Tver.
Finnish brothers! If you are here, please answer some questions, we wonder of it very much.
First I say that Cob is a well known band among metal-lovers in our region,me and my friends call Cob the best Europe heavy metal band.
To tell the truth situation in our country is not funny: too many pop music fans!! Those who listen to heavy metal are small. Such groups like Metallica and Iron Maiden - many people hardly ever heard about them, especially "Children of Bodom" - these words will say nothing. Your country is cold like ours,your music is liked by us. So, what's the situation in Finland ? Do the most part of a society listen to Bodom, Sentenced , Nightwish,Norther? Can you say that heavy metal in your country is the mainstream kind of music ? You have so many good bands - we do think that Finland is a metal-state :) Are we wrong? Please, answer it. Then, We have to say that "Are you dead yet" apeared in our shops only in late october,maybe november. Internet in our city is an expensive thing, we couldn't just download the album. We downloaded only 2 songs by that moment: In your Face and Living Dead Beat. Now we finnaly have the whole album! ). Waiting for your comments!

ps: excuse me for my english )) everything cant be written correct
ps2: If I made a thread in the wrong place - please remove it, but not delete.
GL

I like the current situation in Finland. Metal is quite "mainstream" and at best there has been 3 metal albums in the top 5 of the charts (simultaneously). Then again, Bodom is probably the most "rough" metal band on top of the charts usually, the rest are along the lines of Nightwish and Sonata Arctica.

Children of Bodom in general is well known, and is mentioned in the newspapers (mostly tabloids) frequently. Especially Laiho has the reputation of a "guitar god", and for example had his endorsement deal with ESP reported in the mainstream papers.

So yes, I would consider Finland a "metal state".

EDIT: I think the best proof of this is the fact that "Teräsbetoni", a band that plays Manowar-like "hero"-metal in finnish language dominated the single charts for a loooong time with their "hit" song.

Status
Not open for further replies.