Heavy Metal & Death Metal

Soji

Nov 1, 2003
Sweden
Hey,

Can you guys recommend metalsongs that are similar to these (commercial) examples:
Mudvayne - Dig
Slipknot - Spit It Out
Kittie - Brackish
Soulfly - Back To The Primitive

Im also looking for some wicked deathmetal & "synthmetal" (like Rammstein)

any help appreciated

Soji

Sure:

Mudvayne: try Darkthrone's Kaatharian Life Code

Slipknot: Beherit - Nocturnal Evil

Kittie: Anaal Nathrakh - Submission is for the Weak

Soulfly: Suffocation - Pierced from Within

Reactions: Erik
Kittie- paperdoll not the remix but whichever and what i've always wanted.

Int said:
Sure:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

Yeah, I expected this guy to get a flaming - and maybe he's just here to try and be funny. There seems to have been a lot of newbies joining the board in the last three or four days.

Int said:
Sure:

:lol: :lol:

Soji said:
Hey,
Can you guys recommend metalsongs that are similar to these (commercial) examples:
Mudvayne - Dig
Slipknot - Spit It Out
Kittie - Brackish
Soulfly - Back To The Primitive

Im also looking for some wicked deathmetal & "synthmetal" (like Rammstein)

any help appreciated

Soji
o_O How the fuck did you find this board when you listen to shit like that? You're best of using Kerrang's forum or some shit.

If you want Death Metal I could list you at least 50 albums to check out but I won't because I know you don't like Death Metal and you probably don't even know what Death Metal sounds like.

Soji; you're not going to find much death metal that is comparable to the examples you gave. If you want to get into deathmetal, you're going to have to be prepared to listen to something thats entirely different from what it seems that you're used to. But, uuhmmm, I dunno, the Mudvayne and Soulfly stuff is quite rhythmic and plodding, so, maybe the following death metal bands could appeal to you as a start;

Meshuggah (listen to Nothing, then work your way back through Chaosphere and Destroy Erase Improve)

Grave (later stuff; Back From The Grave, Hating Life, and again work your way back)

Deicide (Insineratehymn, Serpents of the Light, and back the way)

And if you like Slipknot, then you might like death metal with aggressive, shouty vocals;

Malevolent Creation (The Will To Kill. excellent new vocalist, and quite groovy)

Cryptopsy (And Then You'll Beg, Whisper Supremacy. Complex and heavy, but you might like those admittedly awful vocals)

and other new wave of american heavy metal bands like Lamb of God and Shadows Fall.

Ignore everyone else here; metal tends to spawn a lot of idiot elitists. I came this way by nu-metal to start as well, so I relate. =)

SculptedCold said:
Soji; you're not going to find much death metal that is comparable to the examples you gave. If you want to get into deathmetal, you're going to have to be prepared to listen to something thats entirely different from what it seems that you're used to. But, uuhmmm, I dunno, the Mudvayne and Soulfly stuff is quite rhythmic and plodding, so, maybe the following death metal bands could appeal to you as a start;

Meshuggah (listen to Nothing, then work your way back through Chaosphere and Destroy Erase Improve)

Grave (later stuff; Back From The Grave, Hating Life, and again work your way back)

Deicide (Insineratehymn, Serpents of the Light, and back the way)

And if you like Slipknot, then you might like death metal with aggressive, shouty vocals;

Malevolent Creation (The Will To Kill. excellent new vocalist, and quite groovy)

Cryptopsy (And Then You'll Beg, Whisper Supremacy. Complex and heavy, but you might like those admittedly awful vocals)

and other new wave of american heavy metal bands like Lamb of God and Shadows Fall.

Ignore everyone else here; metal tends to spawn a lot of idiot elitists. I came this way by nu-metal to start as well, so I relate. =)

Hmm, good list, although, I think you should have mentioned Death, they're an easy path into death metal, I think. :)

You guys need to get off your fucking elitist highhorse. You have to start listening to metal somewhere and I seriously doubt he is going to fucking jump in and listen to super brutal tr00 metal all at once. I came to this board when I listened to stuff like korn and disturbed, but after lurking for awhile, reading reviews, top-ten-lists, etc, etc i eventually discovered hundreds of amazingly talented metal bands.

SO STOP BEING SUCH ELITIST BASTARDS

p.s. gimmick accounts suck

I agree with Orestes Mantra - I got into metal by listening to Bon Jovi and fuckin Dire Straits - once I started enjoying the guitars I got into heavier stuff. Everyone has to start somewhere - not many young kids will just listen to fucking "Where The Slime Live" and think "Wow! Cool vocals man!"

I still think Soji's just taking the piss though.