Heavy Metal & Death Metal

I still like the nu-metal, even though it got me into this other stuff. For me, and aggressive shout will always take precedence over a gurgly death growl.

That said...

Mudvayne - Meshuggah, Madman is Absolute, Cryptopsy(newer)

Slipknot - Deicide, Morbid Angel, ummm...there's a Six Feet Under song with a rapper on it that you might like...

Kittie - Arch Enemy(no singing, sorry)

Soulfly - ummm...Sepultura? Back when Max didn't give head to Fred Durst...

Soji said:
Hey,

Can you guys recommend metalsongs that are similar to these (commercial) examples:
Mudvayne - Dig
Slipknot - Spit It Out
Kittie - Brackish
Soulfly - Back To The Primitive

Im also looking for some wicked deathmetal & "synthmetal" (like Rammstein)

any help appreciated

Soji
None of those bands are (really) similar to deaht metal, but check anonymousnick2001's list. that should work out for now. SculptedCold's list, too.

I'm no elitist, but I think we may have a troll here. Anyways, I don't think that a nu-metal fan would like death metal very much, especially the first few times they hear it. If anything, I'd recommend: Hatebreed, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Lamb Of God, God Forbid, In Flames..... No real death metal, but I step closer in that direction.

Try some melodic death/black metal: In Flames, Arch Enemy,Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Omnium Gatherum, Skyfire etc.(Then there's also Cradle Of Filth, but personally I think they often get too cheesy with those REALLY high-pitched vocals and all that stuff...like some critic said: "Evil Mickeymouse" :lol: )
All those bands have technical, very well-played music and agressive scream/growl vocals. That's what got me into more extreme metal. Before, I mainly listened to classic rock and some 80s hard rock and heavy metal. I also tried some grunge and nu-metal, but I quickly realised it wasn't really my thing (for example, I missed all the great guitar work). Then I was told about Arch Enemy and Children Of Bodom, and I checked them out and realised how fucking awesome they are! By the way, Soji, you're damn lucky living in Scandinavia, plenty of great metal there!
More bands worth a listen are Sentenced, Sinergy, Nightwish (Finnish metal OWNZ!!!!!) and My Ruin (heavy rock with a scream queen on vocals, I love them!).
I hope that was somewhat helpful ;)

I hate the way everyone has slated this person. I bet most of you listened to crap like that before you got into real metal. Maybe it is a troll, but hey, maybe it isn't. People who call others 'posers' are only saying so to appear cool themselves, therefore they're also 'posers'.