Heavy Metal Radio Promo ideas and suggestions.

MetalHeadMarc

Dark Lord of the Sith
Sep 7, 2002
Tallahassee, FL
Visit site
hey guys, I work at my school radio station, WVFS Tallahassee, and I'm doing some promos for the heavy metal shows. I just woul likes some suggestions. The bassic format is that they typically are no longer than 30 seconds and mention when the metal show is. I was thinking of using some kind of "when metal was forged by the god's line from some manowar song." All the while having some ambient guitar squeals that you here at the begining of Reign in blood. What do you think? Have any suggestions your self?

Hard to find audience... soft is the trend these days... watermelons, taped bananas and such...

For Manowar Use, "If Your Not Into Metal, You Are Not My Friend, Heavy Metal"

i got one, tired of all that soft crap, listen to whatever at whenever on wvfs for real hardcore metal. Play like the beginning of die by the sword and switch to run to the hills

Well, the promo is shaping up pretty good. Thanks for all the suggestions my nigs. At the end, I'm weighing weather to play the intro to Crown's Crowned in terror because that track starts with that drum roll and gets just brutal or some thing from Testaments First strike still deadly, like maybe into the pit. It as to be something heavy that any one will go, "Holy shit, that heavy metal riff was badass...Maybe I'll tune in." Also, I'm prolly gonna ad a bunch of screams in it to make it sound like entering hell or something right when the outro (the crown or testament track) kicks in. What do you think?