Heavy metal samurai swing swords, and ride skateboards.

hmstrhuey

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
I posted this on the hardcore board last week an ment to post it here too, as some folks might find it interesting.
Two things
1. last weekend I saw a f.ucking awesome movie It's called The Emperor and the Assassin. It's almost 3 hours long and is in manderin with english subtitals, but don't let that stop you. The movie is set in 3rd centry BC China and is
about the creation of the first unified Chinese empire. The acting is so good,and the costumes are so good, and the story is so good, that I really liked it.
No joke
2.I was doing research for my radio show when I found a really cool web site. It's a Pushead fan site. For thoase who don't know, Pushead was in the band Septic Death(speaking of bands that don't get the respect they deserve), runs Bacteria sour records( and used to do Pusmort records), and has designed more t-shirts and record jackets than you
could comfortably shake a stick at( for every one from Devoid of faith to the exploited to the misfits to dr.octagon to metallica)
the real treasure on the site is a backlog of colums and reviews he regularly wrote for Thrasher magazine from 84 to the early 90's. There are reviews on there of Misfits Legacy of brutality, COC's Eye for an eye, Metallica's Ride the
Lightnig, and Slayer's South of heaven, just to name a few. I always find it interesting to see what was said about classic albums when they were first released. I also found lots of bands Ive never heard of, but sound like just what I'm into, and now I'll be on the look out for.
Anyway it's really cool, and you should check it out.

http://www.pusfan.com/

yeagh i saw that on. i wasnt bad bud for those who are easily bored and dont like subtitles it might not be for you. but its quite the epic with well done characters and great camera work.
a good one to compare is "OF HEAVEN AND EARTH" an all out samuri war stragedy movie. check it out.