heavy metal

Sopel

the crestfallen
Jan 4, 2002
southern Poland
sopel.webd.pl
on gigs antimatter plays acoutstic version of its and anathema's songs. maybe it could be big challenge and idea to play some heavy metal gigs, you know, 2 guitars+bass+drums, nothing more. what do you think? is it possible to happen?

well not METAL maybe, but what do you think about some drums and that when playing live, dunc? thats what everyone in istanbul was asking me about:

"why dont they get some drums? some of their stuff would be much cooler"

I was thinking the same a few days ago.... Without the heavy metal part though.
I think it would be cool if Antimatter did some tour playing songs like they're on the album. Songs like Saviour with the cool drum-intro will be more powerful. Or even songs like Alternative 4, with the pounding drum and that. Cos the acoustic sets are nothing new anymore :( (doesn't mean they're bad eh!)
In some songs the drumbeats might sound a bit too artificial for doing it live, but I'm sure that can be fixed, there are more bands out there doing that.

playschool.jpg

Strangelight said:
heavy metal? maybe if we had some heavy metal songs to play heavy metal gigs with :)

you know, i meant you take electric guitars instead acoustic ones, + live drums. songs must be somewhat changed then, but as i said it can be big challenge for you. + malovelant creation's vocalist singing!!!

Strangelight said:
Me and Mick cant play everything at once, nor can we expect a gang of musicians to take time off work and away from their families at the drop of a hat. Does that make sense?
Use DAT. Dunc playing bass with tuners on the 'wrong' end and Mick with that keyboard-guitar thing pretending to sing. And then some lady with good assets or something. Should be grreat.

Strangelight said:
Me and Mick cant play everything at once, nor can we expect a gang of musicians to take time off work and away from their families at the drop of a hat. Does that make sense?

so you were actually thinking of getting and a drummer? i didnt know that. it's cool. :)

and yeah songs like alternative 4, saviour (and maybe God is coming???? o_Oo_Oo_O - even the thought of it titilates me) would be much better with drums...

Of course we'd love to play the full set and that but finding the right people who are also available, booking the gigs with trustworthy people, practicing, being able to afford to transport all the gear everywhere, paying the musicians themselves, and also having the free time ourselves isnt a simple task. Bear in mind that me and Mick live in different countries too. We are building things up at a decent pace, dont think that we have the budgets that other bands have. The name 'Antimatter' isnt such a valuable trademark at this point in time, but we are building things up so hopefully, in the future, we will be able to play to our full potential. We've worked damn hard this year so far already, I hardly ever get a totally free day now cos theres always something I need to do like.
If anyone would like to make a donation towards the 'get Antimatter playing live with a full set-up' fund then just pm me and I'll give you my bank details ;)

it's really good to hear that things are going in the direction you want them to go. i really hope to see the day when you'll be playing with a full band...until that day...acoustic gigs are great the way they are...