Hedniskhjartad

Mantis

Naturmistikk & Folktale
Jul 18, 2003
Eburum
Visit site
I bought it a month ago and have to say it's great! One of the best mr v. made, i don't understand why some of you in the poll of the forum put it at the last place, only because it's a mcd? Well i don't think it's a cause to dislike it, the melody vocals and lyrics are almost perfect, only the drums and the guitars sound is a bit low-production (anyway compared to the other releases) but in spite of this a fantastic album!

Mantis

They are all great! It was hard to pick one, very hard. Everything Mr V has done is amazing. It's hard but I think Visions from the Spiral Generator is number one. But my advice is all of them, or better yet everything he's ever done.

I don't think because its last in the poll means its a bad album. Personally I enjoy all of them, but the later works grab my attention more. I think most of the people on here enjoy Hedniskhjartad, its just not their favorite work mr. V has done.

hmmmmmm, they all take such a different path that I have hard time comparing Visons and the Blur, with his earlier works. I feel like there almost in two separate catergories. Personally, Cosmic was my first, but I'm more into the Norse lyrics myself. All of them are great, they never leave my cd player!

Sinner Rider said:
hmmmmmm, they all take such a different path that I have hard time comparing Visons and the Blur, with his earlier works. I feel like there almost in two separate catergories. Personally, Cosmic was my first, but I'm more into the Norse lyrics myself. All of them are great, they never leave my cd player!
I bought Ödemarkens Son one glorious day back in 1999, and it was such a wonderful moment. After that, I picked up the two masterpieces Till Fjälls & Hedniskhjärtad. Cosmic Genesis was a dissapointment at first, but it grew like hell. The same goes with The Focusing Blur...
I'd say that Visions... is the least good Vintersorg-work up to date...

Yeah, I have been trying to get my hands on a copy as well. They seem to be hard to come by and impossible to find at a reasonable price. I demand a re-release (and also of the second otyg album)..... please..... probably not, but I can dream.

it's my second favourite album (the first is till fjalls), those 5 songs are all amazing, i love them all, and the nordic taste maybe is higher than in any other album, at least in my opinion. maybe is its simpleness that makes this album so awesome.

i think is quite difficult to find but not impossibile.
i bought it about 2 years ago, but if i have to be honest i've never seen another copy anywhere since then (i mean in shops, concerts or markets)

Hedniskhjartad was my first Vint-age record, and and remains my favourite, despite being much shorter than the others. Really focused songwriting, and awesome vocals to sing along to, even if you don't speak Swedish, like myself :p

I think it´s good but Cosmic Genesis will always be my dearest Vintersorg disc,and i appreciate the English lyrics more,although ORM from Cosmic probably is my favorite Vintersorg track along with The Enigmatic Spirit.