Hefield using Blackstar ...

guitarguru777

Nov 13, 2003
Las Vegas
www.jasonconstantine.com
Not sure if this has been discussed already but after 30 years of using Mesa hes made the switch .... Gear whore, or you think this is legit?

l_b5ef07a36bab4f339588d75e96f47d30.jpg

I saw him using one in the Lemmy movie and was intrigued. Also thats a real Gibby Les Paul too ... no more ESP ??

he had such Gibsons before imho but Gibson didn't want to build him a Signature, don't think
he parted with ESP especially after they just released a new signature modell for him.

About the Blackstar, he used Diezel amps for years, there were pics with both of the guys
playing Randalls, there was actually a pic somewhere from the rehearsal place stacked with
Engl amps, I think they just own almost every amp that would suit there style :D

I've seen Hetfield playing just about every brand/model of amp you can think of, definitely a gear whore.
He's listed on many an amp company's roster

I have spoken with less famous musicians who just had gear show up all of the time at their houses etc. Actually, when we did the Emperor reunion shows in NY a few years ago, Ihsahn was hand delivered free guitars from at least two different manufacturers.
I imagine James Hetfield has someone just to handle the receiving and unboxing of all of the amazing shit he gets for free. There is no more visible guitar player and obviously just getting an amp in the same video with him gets people talking.