Heggs necklace?

Dusty201087

New Metal Member
Aug 28, 2008
Where would I go about buying a necklace like this? I really like it and I've been searching for quite a while but can't seem to find one even very close to similar. Anyone else find where he got it?

Thanks in advance :)

lots of threads have been started before this,

ever tried ebay?
http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...907.m37.l1313&from=R2&ampsatitle=thors+hammer

if you're referring to the other necklace, then i guess that's viking brother thing, where you need to be a member

Hmmm I searched but I couldn't find much. Guess I didn't search the right thing. And when you say "the other necklace", I'm confused, I guess I've only seen him wear one. It's the one in he's got on in the MetalKult interview they did awhile back.

he wears 2

AA8.jpg

Ah okay. I guess I've never seen anything but the one that has the hammer and the ring/chain.

So just to clarify, from that picture, I'm asking about the necklace on the bottom right, not the top left.

I think Fred said Johan's necklace cost around 2000 kroner (about 190 euro) its a pretty fuckin' nice one. The only ones ive seen along those lines were in a Viking shop in Stockholm.

Im fairly happy with my one, and i only got that off the Nuclear Blast site. The hammer has doubled in price nearly since i bought it a few years back, its at 99 Euro now.

The guy that makes them has a store in Visby, Gotland, but Johan got it when that dude was selling his stuff on an open air market - I think at Foteviken. I've got stuff from there, but I can't remember the name of the place. The chain is quite different from the one you've got in the pic there. You actually have to be tied into Johan's, which is done when you buy it. His has no clasp on the back like the one in the pic, but the part wher you're tied in is the ring in the front. The ring is actually a knot.
Anyhow, this question has been asked before, so the name of the store might be in one of those threads, but for sure other examples like the one above will be posted there. -T

hmmm I 'spose if your into making stuff yourself you could look up some jewlery/maille patterns for the chain and then you'd just need to find a hammer.....even taking into account materials its probly gonna be more cost effective......which is a nice way of saying cheap XD

it's $240 for the chain, $180 for the hammer, and 20 for the ring. Big money!!

thor.jpg

I can't find that chain (which I like better than the first one) or the ring on the website? Could you link me too them?

hmmm I 'spose if your into making stuff yourself you could look up some jewlery/maille patterns for the chain and then you'd just need to find a hammer.....even taking into account materials its probly gonna be more cost effective......which is a nice way of saying cheap XD

I really don't trust myself to make it :lol: I'd rather just pay the expensive bill then end up with a lame version and 10 sore fingers :lol:

man you've started something now........I want to try my hand at making a chain similar to the one with no clasp. I've made some maille and chain stuff before but this looks intriguing....

man you've started something now........I want to try my hand at making a chain similar to the one with no clasp. I've made some maille and chain stuff before but this looks intriguing....
Go to the library, take out any book by Irene From petersen - yes, they come in English - and it'll give you instructions for wore weaving. or just Google wire weaving. it's very simple and looks very nice. -T

Now that I just convinced myself that I can't justify buying an armlet, this thread comes along :mad:

It's a bloody nice necklace. I have tried my hand at making jewelery, so twisting and hammering and soldiering is cool with me, but I kind of get stuck at the stage where you go through pages and pages of findings on the internet (mostly mobile phone and stilleto charms- who the fuck buys these anyway?) but not beast heads :p

@Tyra: thanks for the name, but from my personal experience with the libraries around where I live :cry: I'm mildly skeptical of finding anything. I might order something from amazon though if I can't find anything locally. And I guess the internet is always informationful (yes I made that word up:loco:)