HEINEKEN - Brewed in Holland

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Even if it is 'supermarket beer', it's actually a really good beer. It goes with anything, it's got a slight honey sweetness to it, and it's nice & light (without being 'gay & lite'). I'm drinking one now in my hotel room.

And for the remainder of this thread, we will discuss the attributes & benefits of Heineken, and only Heineken. No other beer, no other topic. So it shall be written, so it shall be done.

Last beer I tried that I liked a lot was Leffe Brown from Belgium.
Twas only 6.5%, but that's better than most of what we get around here!

Haven't had Heineken in a while, so I can't post on it.

IOfTheStorm said:
I was drinking heineken here. It was so mediocre.
Then i went to Amsterdam and i drank heineken. GREAT TASTE. But not heavy at all.

So true. When I went to Amsterdam the Heineken there tasted a helluva lot better than it does here in the states. I also had the good fortune of visiting the Heineken museum in Amsterdam.

Screinekin is NOT THAT GOOD. It t'ain't bad, and goat knows I drakn a lot in college, but there are much better lagers out there. I'd take them shits well before Crud or Crud light though.

EDIT: Note that I've only had the American pasturized version (FUCKING BLASPHEMY BEER SHOULD NOT BE FUCKING PASTUDRDIRIDNZED, AGED BEER IS THE MOTHERFUCKING DODGAMDAT FUCKGIN WIIIIIIIIIIIIIN) so my opinoin doens't mean much until I 'ave had th ereal deal Hylyrofield. Swear I'm note drunkl. J:LDIUORujol

Love bourbon. People look at me strange when I drink a few doubles in a bar.

What kind of bourbon do you like? I am a huge huge fan of Makers Mark. I also very much enjoy the new Jim Beam Black.

Any Irish Whiskey Fans either? Cant beat Bushmills Black, smooth, with all the flavor of say scotch.

I'm a big fan of Scotch whisky and to a much lesser extent, Irish. The Glenlivet scotch is about the only hard liquor I drink anymore, and not very often. Bushmills is good, but as with most Irish whiskey I've had I always think "if this was scotch it would be better." Bourbon I used to drink but don't anymore, I really enjoyed Wild Turkey Special Reserve and Knob Creek was always good.

I primarily drink beer now. :)

Would someone care to outline the differences in types of Whiskies for me? I've had a few -- especially one that I liked a LOT but can't remember the name... it tasted like the smell of a burning fire -- but I'll be damned if I know the differences between them.

Scotch, Irish, and bourbon whiskies are the big ones that I know. Scotch has a heavy nose to it, Irish is just Plain Fucking Whiskey, and bourbon usually hurts (higher alcohol content) and has like a bit of a wood quality taste to it. I drink them on the rocks or with water.