Helix Native New plugin by Line 6

Can't access the page. So how are the pod farm owners getting fucked over?

Same here, I moved on a long time ago when they didn't bother supporting aax. If I remember correctly, they wouldn't give anyone a straight answer on if they were doing anything about it either.

Which ones do you recommend?

well since I've bought a kemper I've hardly used any. But Amplitube has always got better and better over the years, has proper support. S-gear sounds pretty great. TSEX50. A lot of people liking Thermionik. and its generally a MUCH more competitive market place than what it was 10 years ago.

based on how long its taken them to get their shit together moving to AAX, I just really can't see myself trusting them with anything - let alone paying a couple of hundred dollars for their products.

Reactions: Delitzsch
I own a Pod HD500x just for rehearsals and gigs, i like dont need to carry amps, cabinets and pedals, BUT... I don´t remember what was the last time i recorded any riff, song or ideia with that shit since Emissary was out and FREE.

Reactions: Vasyl Mishchenko
Here's a quick demo of a few of the amps in the plugin. No post processing on the guitars. I only took a few minutes with each setting, so with more time (and some post processing :p) you can actually get a pretty decent tone.

Reactions: Vasyl Mishchenko
So that's what you get for 399$. A crappy ampsim.:D I would cry blood if I purchased it. I've heard better so many times with free amp sims and free cab impulses. I'm glad I haven't used any Line6 shit for ages and will never ever under any curcomstances support them in any way.

Reactions: Novocaine
Tried it. Prefer S-Gear or TSE to it. Nice effects and stomp-boxes however. A bit $teep.

Tried and compare the POD hd500x with Ownhammer impulses on both, well...it´s better overall (and for my taste, kicks Bias FX)...in my country the helix floorboard cost 3x the price of the pod hd500x, but...some amps like the Soldano, for example, really doesn´t sound 3x times better, very very little diference, the jcm sound maybe 10X better than the hd500x.
I tried the helix pv panama vs tse x50 too, and again very little diference, i prefer the tse x50.

I think Line6 did a very good job here with Helix Native - and it's definitively the first hardware manufacturer to bring the sound 1:1 in a VST plugin format. I appreciate it a lot (as Fractal and Kemper still refuse to so...).

Soundwise I like what I hear, especially with the Archon and Soldano model and my Ownhammer and Celestion impulses. They outperform the stock ones by far, as it is the case with most (all?!) amp modelers suites.

But...400$? 200$ and I'd been sold. So I stick to Overloud TH3 which is only a tad away from Helix native soundwise...maybe I can get it on sale some day.

Reactions: zentatonic
I have TSEx50v2 and Thermionic complete1. Love them both but haven't heard anything better than Thermionic tho, even after getting hands on TH3(probably best cabs that come in the box with sim is TH3).