Hell Bent for Leather

Jockthrax

Mar 9, 2002
Glasgow
www.anthrax.com
Confessions of a Heavy Metal Addict. By Seb Hunter.

has anyone read this book? I picked it up at the weekend, funny as hell biography about a dude who is frighteningly like myself. Sort of takes you through the history of metal and the authors embarrassing obsession.
He's not much of a Thrax fan though

"they (anthrax) went through band members like children through chicken nuggets.
Neil Turbin: quality metal vocalist
Joey Belladonna: a big improvement vocal wise
Dan Spitz: knows his riffs
Dan Lilker: Headbangs well for a bassist
Frank Bello: A much better bass player than lilker
Dimebag Darrell: .......er hang on what happened to Dan Spitz
John Bush: makes Belladonna sound like the amateur he was.

Scott (not) Ian fired them all, in cahoots with Charlie Benante the drummer.

These triggar happy New Yorkers were truly cuttin edge in the late 80's. They Crossed genres. They mentioned bands in their interviews that we'd never heard of like Bad Brains or the Red Hot Chilli somethings. They sang about social issues. What were they? Why didnt they sing about the devil, or drinking, or drinking with the devil?
They were the U2 of metal. Way too worthy worthy. Fuck 'em."

Sorry about the long post. Thought some of you may like to check it out, its pretty funny. Especially the stuff about 80's shit like Ratt.

Jockthrax said:

That's true and that's also true...:(

Jockthrax said:
Confessions of a Heavy Metal Addict. By Seb Hunter.

has anyone read this book? I picked it up at the weekend, funny as hell biography about a dude who is frighteningly like myself. Sort of takes you through the history of metal and the authors embarrassing obsession.
He's not much of a Thrax fan though

"they (anthrax) went through band members like children through chicken nuggets.
Neil Turbin: quality metal vocalist
Joey Belladonna: a big improvement vocal wise
Dan Spitz: knows his riffs
Dan Lilker: Headbangs well for a bassist
Frank Bello: A much better bass player than lilker
Dimebag Darrell: .......er hang on what happened to Dan Spitz

These triggar happy New Yorkers were truly cuttin edge in the late 80's. They Crossed genres. They mentioned bands in their interviews that we'd never heard of like Bad Brains or the Red Hot Chilli somethings. They sang about social issues. What were they? Why didnt they sing about the devil, or drinking, or drinking with the devil?
They were the U2 of metal. Way too worthy worthy. Fuck 'em."

Sorry about the long post. Thought some of you may like to check it out, its pretty funny. Especially the stuff about 80's shit like Ratt.

It's pretty wierd that you happened to ask that because I literally finished reading it 2 nights ago! I thought it was great. :) I would highly recommend it to any rock/metal fan especially musicians. :D

Jack Sabbath said:
It's pretty wierd that you happened to ask that because I literally finished reading it 2 nights ago! I thought it was great. :) I would highly recommend it to any rock/metal fan especially musicians. :D

Yeah im about half way through it, just got to the part where he's trying to learn "sweet child 'o mine". I keep laughing my ass off on the train and getting funny looks.