HELL - Why no threads on these guys?

Aug 14, 2008
So, I have been seeing press releases about these guys and how Sneap just joined them and NB signed them blah blah. Sounded lame to me. Well a few weeks ago they put out their video and man, I feel like I listened to "Don't Break the Oath" for the first time. Yes the production is sterile and soulless, but the performance (especially from the vocalist) is INCREDIBLE. The singer has one of the most unique voices and approaches I have ever heard from a metal band. Yeah it's kind of a gimmick that the only reason why they're getting any hype whatsoever these days is because Sneap is in the band, but I don't care. I can call a good song when I see it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Those old bastards are ..forgive me...a hell of a lot better than I expected.

I know right?!

At first I was like

meh-cat.jpg

but then I was like

Everything_went_better_than_expected.png

pretty sick, and was a lot better than I had expected! Although, I would like it 10x better if they lost the cheesy face paint :p

pretty sick, and was a lot better than I had expected! Although, I would like it 10x better if they lost the cheesy face paint :p
Camden, the face paint rocks! I love the corpse paint that BLOODBOUND used to wear, too. It's what makes a band different from everyone else. The t-shirt and jeans look gets boring. I love the visual as well as the sonic aspect. But, hey, that's just me.

Camden, the face paint rocks! I love the corpse paint that BLOODBOUND used to wear, too. It's what makes a band different from everyone else. The t-shirt and jeans look gets boring. I love the visual as well as the sonic aspect. But, hey, that's just me.

Sometimes the facepaint gets old, but I definitely think these guys do it in a unique and interesting way so that their image does look fresh.

I'll be buying this when it comes out. The singer definitely fits the band. And I personally dig most Sneap mixes.

/rant on : The problem for the last few years has been the damn loudness wars. Brickwall limiting and compression has crushed the life out of many a record. I'd rather have to turn something up instead of losing dynamics. Hell, thats why they have that thing called a Volume knob. Now if we could get mastering engineers to not crush things I'd be a whole lot happier. /rant off

Hehe ya I know what y'all are sayin, I guess it just looks wrong to me unless they are crab walking sideways, gurggling across the stage :)

I've been saying this for over a year now since I heard the the record was finished and they were looking for representation, but this will be the best and most important heavy metal record of the decade. Maybe even the past two decades. These songs are 25-30 years old and they sound about as relevant now as they probably did back then. The face-paint and gimmick imagery is something that they were doing at roughly the same time as Mercyful Fate/King Diamond. I can't wait blast this bad boy as loud as I can. I'm ready to get my cult on.

For anyone that wants an in-depth history lesson, check this out:
http://isen-torr.blogspot.com/2010/07/hell-interview-2006.html

On the first listen I was pretty lukewarm, but I got hooked by the second. will be picking this up.