Hellfire Club in the US

Nightmare1z

Jun 24, 2002
Marietta, GA
Nuclear Blast America - Edguy's new label in the US- has Hellfire Club slated for a April 6th release date.

Just noticed though that www.cdinzane.com has gotten Hellfire Club in stock and it's the +2 bonus track edition (Children of Steel '03 and Mysteria Alt).

I went ahead and ordered it from them...figuring how NuclearblastUSA screwed us in the "King of Fools" release by not putting on the 'making-of' video. So I'm not taking my chances with them only releasing the the main album without the 2 bonus tracks. (Not sure if they will, but it wouldn't surprise me)

Hope this helps someone...:headbang:

-Jon

That's great - thanks. I was thinking I'd have to order from Amazon in Germany, but this is obviously better for those living in the USA.

Ordered! :)

Hahaha, guess NBUSA also "mislead" some US fans because on the sleeve for King of Fools it says "March 23" is when Hellfire Club comes out in the US. Man, I almost wish they stayed on AFM. That label has yet to dissapoint me.

Ben

Geez - this is crazy. I went and bought the King of Fools EP, and not only did I think it was a pile of cow dung (worst Edguy release ever IMO, and I told them so in my interview), I got jipped out of the "making of video" as well? I figured I had just misunderstood where the video was supposed to exist, and assumed it was going to appear on the actual album...

Fuck it - next time I'll pay the extra $5 and get Eruopean imports from amazon.de.

Yeah, and the Making Edguy Video was actually really good I thought. I like seeing stuff like that though, singing in the studio, playing guitars, etc.

Luckily some guy from Germany sent me the video online, and frankly I don't feel bad at all for it. I bought the EP legit, no information on ordering that the video would NOT be on the Ep. Also, I checked after on buying it overseas and it would end up costing more then the album for the EP + video. So I had someone send it to me instead.

If I remember right, NuclearBlastUSA messed up Savatage's Poets and Madmen release too. Ended up delaying it an extra month or two months or something...while it was already out in Europe. And it wasn't a normal delay, I had it ordered from Amazon, and the day before its release they announced the delay.

So far I've yet to be impressed by them here in the states...sorry...

Glad I could help Jay!

There is one good thing about NBUSA. They have somewhat sort of of an almost good distro in the US. Problem is I got everything already from Europe or japan cos NB's US releases are generally 2-16 weeks after the Euro if ever. Tad Morose - what was it, Nov, Dec? US came out January 27. Yes it's on Century Media but they are NB as well. You know what label actually kicks ass but has dick for US distro? Massacre. Actually from what I've heard is that theyve stated that the US isnt even on their priority list at all.

Ben

Do you guys ever buy from The End Records? The guy who runs it is really smart. From what I can gather, he'll actually trade or buy from European distros upon the European release date for any particular album, and then, for the most part, sell them at regular price (not import price) through his online store in the US. I think it's cool that a place like The End is run by fans who can appreciate this dilemna of having most CDs released in Europe/Rest of World way ahead of the USA, and they've figured out this 'loophole'. Obviously, the average online store wouldn't take that into consideration because they may not specialize in the genre and deal with a specific community of fans such as ourselves.

@Nightmare1z - thanks again for the link. Have you ever ordered from cdinzane before? I was just wondering what their average shipping times were.

Well yea. The guy I order stuff from gets Euro cds when they come out too. Its just the same deal of waiting for the Euro label division to send him the cds then they get sent out to me. Waiting for a cd like Hellfire Club is an insufferable agony.

Ben

Jay, yeah The End Records is my main store for metal...just love them. Very cool guys at ProgPower to meet too...

On CDINZANE...yeah, I've ordered from them before. Never had a problem either. Shipping times is same as The End pretty much...a little better I think for 1 CD's though *Sometimes The End takes a week for 1-2 CD package to get to house - damn snail mail* So start expecting it in 2-3 days...

I've also gotten 2 free CD's from them. 1 I won on their website *I'm the guy from GA if you check =)* and the other was a surprise. Ordered Secret Sphere's 2nd CD last year...and they mailed it too me but said it was the last copy and wouldn't get any in for awhile. There was a little damage to the booklet, so they said it was free. The damage wasn't even really noticable...and so I have to give them props (I mean really, the CD was perfect, booklet a little fold mark). Was a class move. I usually check them out fairly regularly because they sometimes get stuff in before The End Records.

-Jon

Just an update: just noticed CDINZANE sold out of first batch of Hellfire's Club but said they're getting more in later during the week. So at least word got around..=)

the only problem I have with cdinzane is preorders, it takes forever. There regular order time is cool though.

Yeah, end records import cds at 18 dollars is alot better than when I had to buy cds from overseas and wait for them to be shipped at rate that would make you think they were sent on a small boat from china.

lasercd is very fast also!!:Spin:

Unfortunately it's kind of a catch-22. The US releases aren't given priority because the sales aren't as strong as in other markets. Then when the US version is finally released, sales numbers are weak because many people have already purchased european imports. If we were smart, the best thing in the long run would be to wait for the US version so that they see there really are people over here anxious to buy the CD's.

Alas, I'm too impatient to practice what I preach, so I've already ordered Hellfire Club from CDINZANE. :D

Having worked at an import store here in the USA since 1997 I know all too well of what you guys are saying. My recommendation is to buy the Euro release (I do anyway) because you usually get a digipack (about 80% of the time), extra tracks or video, and it's usually ahead of the USA. On the side if I REALLY like the band I will get the Japanese import. Usually theres a song on there you will find NO WHERE else but obviously be prepared to pay through the butt for it. The Japanese pressings do sound better though. There is something about the way they press their discs that enhance the audio clarity to me. Anyone else notice that? The End Records is cool but Neil at Alta Mira is #1 in my book. I have a package right here waiting to open (Gamma Ray- Powerplant LTD CD Bookcase). He has a lot of great limited (weird) stuff and a PILE of regular stock and preorders.

^^ Hey Q, you sound pretty much like me. Theres some bands that I always get the Jap version of if I can help it to get those songs, or I get all the singles. With the exception of the Wolf and Raven and Victorias Secret and Takatalvi, I own EVERYTHING by Sonata, including the Jap version of Songs of Silence with 4+ tracks. It puts a fucking huge dent in my wallet but its worth it. Speaking of shelling out the dough for Japs, I highly suggest doing that for Pyramaze's Melancholy Beast. The bonus "The Wizard" (not a cover) is one of th ebest songs on the cd.

Ben

Update:
Hellfire Club +2 Bonus tracks is now in stock at The End Records!

I'm actually surprised they got this, since they didn't get the import of the EP. Still, more props to them! *They're my official order place =)...I just couldn't wait for HC*