Hello all!

Hooligan333

New Metal Member
Nov 21, 2005
I only recently became a Steel Prophet fan. About a year ago heard the excellent cover of Iron Maiden's Ides Of March / Purgatory, and I picked up Messiah. Put the CD in and I was hooked :D

From there on my addiction, as it may be, just got worse and I'm happy to count Steel Prophet as one of my favorite bands (In a tie with Iron Maiden, which I'd imagine few of you are strangers to :) ). And indeed, the two items I'm proudest of in my collection are a vinyl copy of Eyes Of The Prophet and a near-perfect copy of Inner Ascendance I found not too long ago.

So I just thought I'd drop in and say hello to everyone. :wave:

And by the by, my name is Derek. :)

Hooligan333 said:
I only recently became a Steel Prophet fan. About a year ago heard the excellent cover of Iron Maiden's Ides Of March / Purgatory, and I picked up Messiah. Put the CD in and I was hooked :D

From there on my addiction, as it may be, just got worse and I'm happy to count Steel Prophet as one of my favorite bands (In a tie with Iron Maiden, which I'd imagine few of you are strangers to :) ). And indeed, the two items I'm proudest of in my collection are a vinyl copy of Eyes Of The Prophet and a near-perfect copy of Inner Ascendance I found not too long ago.

Hey Derek, welcome :headbang:
I'm Janet and I've known the name Steel Prophet since 1984....way back. I got turned onto them by one of the co-founders (and presently, guitar player) of the band...Steve.

So what do you think of Eyes of the Prophet? I too have the vinyl (one blue and one white). My oldest item from the SP memorabilia is a demo tape I won on e-bay dating back to 1983, but my first original was a tape given to me by Steve. Oh those were the days :erk: Oh well.....

prophetgoddess said:
Hey Derek, welcome :headbang:
I'm Janet and I've known the name Steel Prophet since 1984....way back. I got turned onto them by one of the co-founders (and presently, guitar player) of the band...Steve.

So what do you think of Eyes of the Prophet? I too have the vinyl (one blue and one white). My oldest item from the SP memorabilia is a demo tape I won on e-bay dating back to 1983, but my first original was a tape given to me by Steve. Oh those were the days :erk: Oh well.....
Well, that's quite a way to get into the band. :tickled: Well, as it's been said it's quite something for a fan to listen to. The audio quality can vary, but it's pretty cool. I've got a white copy myself.

Haha, they always are "the days". Makes me feel awfully young too :p Better late than never though.

Hooligan333 said:

Well hello and welcome to our little space in cyberland :wave:

Cool way to get into the band... Iron Maiden being my favorite band of all-time... oh yes, Maiden freak reporting for duty here! :headbang: :lol:

It's great to see another devoted SP fan here... hope you enjoyed the "Unseen" lyrics posted in here... Janet, Suze and Steve gave it a go!

My first SP album was Dark Hallucinations... and to this day it is still my fav

Hooligan333 said:
Well, that's quite a way to get into the band. :tickled: Well, as it's been said it's quite something for a fan to listen to. The audio quality can vary, but it's pretty cool. I've got a white copy myself.

Haha, they always are "the days". Makes me feel awfully young too :p Better late than never though.

Yeah, I may have been around at the beginning of SP, but I missed the days which had the greats like The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Janice Joplin...etc.

I think Steve said most of those songs on Eyes of the Prophet were taken from the demos or the actual CD. Should try to get your hand on the DVD that has the videos (Beware). It's pretty freaky to see Steve w/ long hair (now having close to none) and Vince back then....

Hey you!!!! Welcome to the board.......!!! Always cool to have another fan on board!!!! I go back in the day with Steve, about 22 years now, and we all can't wait for another CD, esp with this vocalist! So cool you got hooked! SOME of my fave's are Fates Warning, Trouble, Savatage, Iron Maiden, JP, that type of stuff, but also into progressive stuff heavily and old Sabbath, Purple, Aerosmith, Dio, that type of stuff.....Cheers!!!!

SugarNspice said:
Hey you!!!! Welcome to the board.......!!! Always cool to have another fan on board!!!! I go back in the day with Steve, about 22 years now, and we all can't wait for another CD, esp with this vocalist! So cool you got hooked! SOME of my fave's are Fates Warning, Trouble, Savatage, Iron Maiden, JP, that type of stuff, but also into progressive stuff heavily and old Sabbath, Purple, Aerosmith, Dio, that type of stuff.....Cheers!!!!

And you had me thinking the whole time that you were a Backstreet Boys kinda gal! :loco:

Good to see ya Suze! :tickled:

Now I KNOW you did not just write what I think you wrote!!!!!! And IF you did actually write it, I think it's because of Steve making a comment once about me liking duran Duran or something!!!!!! Smart A$$ that he is!!!!!!! Pabla Pabla Pabla.....what to do with you girlie wirlie???? ppppfffffftttt backstreet boys...for shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! = )

:ill: maybe he is rubbing off on me?
You know twas only a joke m'dear... as for Duran Duran I do like some of their songs... no big right? As a matter of fact I love lotsa 80's bands, specially new wave etc like clan of xymox, sisters of mercy, Depeche Mode yada yada... oh and I am also a Bon Jovi fan... so there, NO BIG! ;)

Oh its big alright!!!!!! It's big sistah!!!!!!! I'm just bustin your chops tho!!!!!! PS I still have the 80's hair, just can't seem to shake the hair thang.

Hooligan333 said:
I only recently became a Steel Prophet fan. About a year ago heard the excellent cover of Iron Maiden's Ides Of March / Purgatory,

Astounding! The same cover which turn me into SP, welcome to the board Derek :wave:

I got into them about 1998/1999 same time as Prototype.. It was on the Judas Priest Tributes then Maiden ones that I really got into them. Their Fade to Black cover was better than the original IMO.. They are on a lot of Dwell's tribute albums. nothing but superb talent is this band.

Nag said:
Their Fade to Black cover was better than the original IMO.. QUOTE]

Another that shares my opinion... that song is so well done it is far superior than the original :headbang:

I didn't like Metallica in the beginning. I got into them around when they finally took a dive with "Metallica". So I got the first four albums and forgot about the future. I still love to spin the classics, it's sad how they sunk but I can't deny their importance in metal history and the quality of that old material.

Sentenced - 'Neverlasting'