Hello Aussie Metal People...

I went by the toll road, which joined the main road at Parramatta, from memory. Took maybe an hour and a half or something.

Hi, just got back from my holiday so I havn't been haunting the boards lately, hope everyone had a good new years(I know I did :) ) Winmar, I play in a band based in Tauranga NZ, I guess it could be considered tech metal, we like to call it Normal Metal ^-_-^, we do covers from bands like Death, Children of Bodom, Slayer, In Flames, Immortal. I guess our style reflects these bands with myself being heavily influenced by Cynic, Symphony X, Spiral Architect, Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, Lots of variation and melody and good old brutalness aswell, I like to chuck in a bit of everything.

Excellent - that all sounds very good to me!

New Years was rather quiet at this end - I was in northern Tasmania!

On a "good" day, it takes about an hour to get from Penrith to Sydney. On average you'd be looking at 90 minutes minimum.... and then you've gotta add in anywhere up to another 90 minutes coming from the mountains.

I live in Parramatta which is pretty much smack-bang in the middle of Sydney. One day I got into the CBD in 21 minutes by car (every green light) but I had to drive in during peak hour once and it took 2 and a half fucking hours!