Hello! Bass Player from Lancashire

philwood

New Metal Member
May 31, 2014
Hi everyone I'm pretty new to metal music having previously been purely soul and funk! But MAN am I loving metal now. Like a breath of fresh air to me listening to all these great bands.
I'm a bass player so I've started off learning all the Kill 'em all album.
Recorded a little metal jam afew days ago with a bass solo 1minute in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Phil in Lancashire. Well you're not new to bass...very nice playing. I play bass too. Well I plug in and hit it and noise comes out...I'm fairly new to metal too. Just think of all that metal waiting to be discovered. Anyway metal bass...
Check out Pantera. Red Brown's bass is very nice. Try some Korn, oh and System of a Down. I think that sometimes in metal the bass can get lost in the mix especially with the usual two guitarists. Can't think of anything else right now. Just woke up! Best from London. Sara

Hi Sara thanks for your reply and recommendations will definitely check all of them out! Exciting times for me! hehe
Bestest
Phil

Hi Phil in Lancashire. Well you're not new to bass...very nice playing. I play bass too. Well I plug in and hit it and noise comes out...I'm fairly new to metal too. Just think of all that metal waiting to be discovered. Anyway metal bass...
Check out Pantera. Red Brown's bass is very nice. Try some Korn, oh and System of a Down. I think that sometimes in metal the bass can get lost in the mix especially with the usual two guitarists. Can't think of anything else right now. Just woke up! Best from London. Sara