Hello everyone!

Elyia said:
lets see how fast your green button turns to red now :p
You and a few other people here bashed Celtic Frost! The new Maiden album didn't get the response it deserved here either. That album is a masterpiece and only a couple of people here said good things about it.
They played the whole album live and it was amazing.

Steven Wilson with Opeth> Porcupine Tree

By the way, I don't think I welcomed the new guy yet. Welcome to the site.

Metal head87 said:
You and a few other people here bashed Celtic Frost! The new Maiden album didn't get the response it deserved here either. That album is a masterpiece and only a couple of people here said good things about it.
They played the whole album live and it was amazing.

Steven Wilson with Opeth> Porcupine Tree

wowowow, slowly dude... i didn't bash Celtic Frost, learn to read.

Maiden album? Have i missed the thread "What do Orphaned Land fans think of the new Iron Maiden?" Did anyone here say "Oh, the new Iron maiden sucks" (By the way, it is a great album... ) And anyway, how does this fit into this thread? Completely offtopic!

If you want appreciation for Maiden, go to the maiden forum, same with celtic....but HERE it is about ORPHANED LAND, in case you forgot.

Anyone who wants to discuss other bands is greatly welcome to the other forums.

Elyia said:
wowowow, slowly dude... i didn't bash Celtic Frost, learn to read.

Maiden album? Have i missed the thread "What do Orphaned Land fans think of the new Iron Maiden?" Did anyone here say "Oh, the new Iron maiden sucks" (By the way, it is a great album... ) And anyway, how does this fit into this thread? Completely offtopic!

If you want appreciation for Maiden, go to the maiden forum, same with celtic....but HERE it is about ORPHANED LAND, in case you forgot.

Anyone who wants to discuss other bands is greatly welcome to the other forums.
There was a topic for the new Maiden, although I don't see it now, but everyone was bashing it. I didn't say that you did though.
I thought you were bashing CF. My bad I guess.

Honestly, I never saw why people love Porcupine Tree so much. Same thing with Tool. But to each his own I guess. I'd much rather listen to Rush or Pink Floyd for my softer prog.

Anyway, didn't mean to go off topic.

Morticia NL. said:
I am not a big PT fan either. I figured I still need to do some more listening to their stuff- sometimes it is just not the right moment to hear something new and than a couple of months later you do like it.

Nathalie.....on your next visit, I will make you a big PT fan!
:headbang:

Pink Floyd, Rush, Tool, all are great bands! you really should give them a second chance.
Aenima by tool is really a work of art, But its not easy to get into.
Same with pink floyd.
And for rush.... well, mostly, only people who like prog will really love them, its not a band for everyone.

Morticia NL. said:
GRAAA- Pink Floyd! Am I the only person on this planet that can't stand this bands music??
Rush I think are utterly boring.

NOW I'll get a red dot for sure:headbang:
most studio albums after the wall are pretty shitty comparing to their previous releases. I can also understand not being attracted to the early psychodelic stuff with Syd Barrett RIP but most of their stuff is epic!

Honestly, I never found Tool's music to really be all that challenging. Same thing with Porcupine Tree. I've tried to get into both since Mikael Akerfeldt is a god and he loves both bands, but I wasn't really drawn into either band at all. No offense to their fans.

Rush are basically for prog fans as Signify has said. I heard their music and I was definitely able to see where Dream Theater came from. Then I really started to get into them. 2112 is essential for all proggers!

I didn't used to like Pink Floyd either. Being an Enslaved addict got me into them.

I still think Tool is very overrated. I don't think their music is complex really.
If you want really complex prog without keyboards, check out Watchtower.

No, that's wrong. Prog is a progression in the music. And they are somewhat progressive, as the drums are complex. The thing that's complex in Tool is the rhytmn, not the guitar scales. But I still wouldn't call them prog., I would call them stoner rock, actually, since they sound alot like bands in the stoner rock category.