Hello everyone!

I think there is a difference between prog and progressive. I think when it is referred to as "prog", it already crosses into "tech" territory, ie Dream Theater and Spiral Architect.
A lot of people call Tool a prog band, and that is just wrong. Maybe they are kind of progressive compared to Korn or some shit like that, but they are still nothing compared to a band like Green Carnation, which I would call "progressive" but not "prog".

I know this doesn't make too much sense, but I think you get the idea.

Well I have to agree with the point that tool's guitar scales are not very complex and the rhythms are.
I don't think tool is overrated though...becuase it's not just the music,it's also the shows, the lyrics,the concepts and growth over the years...
by default there's always someone better than you...but at some point it just comes to personal taste...some people like it and some don't.
I never thought of tool as prog or progressive nor did I think about them as stoner rock even though people get stoned listening to tool.
I see them as complex beat hard rock

anyway I don't know about you but I think Dethklok is the coolest metal band ever!
they're so METAL!

Captain Caaaaaaaveeeeemaaaaaaaaaaannnnn
caveman.jpg

cpt caveman owns...the metalocalypse stuff was kind of out of line but dethklok is the coolest fictional band ever!
it's a shame you can't watch adult swim fix outside of the US...have to wait a day or two until there's a torrent up or someone uploads the episode to google video.