Hello James and chums : pickup question

Reverend Trudgill

Reverend Trudgill
Feb 3, 2005
England
www.screamindaemon.com
Hi y'all. I have a black and cream-trimmed dean V with dark n' dull sounding stock zebra pickups and want to replace just the bridge pickup.
I've been looking at the george lynch 'screamin demon' as it sounds the brightest and most precise sounding on the seymour duncan tone-page, but then I noticed that dimarzio evo's are available in zebra, and since James recommends them after EMG 85's (almost everyone on the andy sneap forum has now been converted to 85's - are you an EMG rep, James?) it seems I have a choice of 2 (screamin D or evo) as I'd like to keep that sexy inter-racial black n'cream zebra look on my guitar.
Does anybody know how these two compare?
What are their real characteristics?
I can't tell much from the shit-bit mp3s on the net, and although my town has quite a few quitar shops, none of them will get these 2 unless I place an order.
I want sharp, clinical sound, but not mid-scooped and with tight bottom end, and wide-sounding as possible.

Help me out, tone-disciples!

hmm. I think you have to take a chance. That's the thing with pickups except emg, with them you always know what you get. But with passive pickups you have to put them into your guitar and try them out to hear if it's the sound you want. Much depending on the construction of your guitar and so on.

To me it's sounds like you're after the emg sound