Helloween - Live @ Wacken (Full show!)

Deris drunk is great. He was freakin' hilarious and killed with the stage banter that night.
The people bitching were the ones who weren't true fans to begin with and had to wait an hour and a half to see them.

Hearing A TALE THAT WASN'T RIGHT was one of the biggest live metal highlights for me personally.
That was always one of my top 5 fav songs from the Keeper era. Never thought I would hear it live.

Hearing A TALE THAT WASN'T RIGHT was one of the biggest live metal highlights for me personally.
That was always one of my top 5 fav songs from the Keeper era. Never thought I would hear it live.

Agreed. I was stoked when they played that one as I NEVER expected to hear it live. Then again, prior to the Hellish Rock tour, I never really expected to hear Helloween live anyways. They basically were my Saxon since 2005 in terms of a band I wanted to see live but wasn't real confident about it happening.

Wow, so you actually discovered Gamma Ray BEFORE Helloween?

Yeah, I mean I was only 4 years old when the Keepers albums were out. Mostly listened to pop punk and ska throughout highschool and I was then introduced to power metal in like 2002-2003 when my friend played Rhapsody's Dawn of Victory and Gamma Ray's Powerplant. I remembered thinking...woah people can drum that fast?!

Awesome!!!! Both bands are truly amazing.
As much as I love Gamma Ray, for me the nod will always have to go to Helloween.

Those two bands should just do the HELLISH ROCK tour perpetually, EVERY year! Ha!

I only saw Helloween a couple years ago with Gamma Ray at the ProgPowerUSA pre-party and I thought Gamma Ray blew them out overall. Helloween might have the better catalog, but GR seemed to really "bring it" the night I saw them...