Lorenguard - Eve of Destruction

I am not normally into the by the numbers power metal fantasy stuff, but this album is excellent and I would recommend for people to check it out for sure. The songs are very catchy and there is some great guitar work on the album.

I love these guys! Awesome stuff, they manage to take everything that is fun and awesome about Rhapsody and subtract all of the over-the-top cliches that drag Rhapsody down for me. Solid, solid stuff, I highly recommend it even if you're not into this style of power metal.

Catch it at Pathfinder Metalfest in GA on July 7!!!!

FB RSVP here: http://www.facebook.com/events/303297213023916/

THANKS CAMDEN! :D

and yes, everyone be sure to check out the official webpage of LORENGUARD and order 'Eve of Corruption' through CD Baby. If you enjoy melodic epic fantasy metal, you owe it to yourself to pick up this most excellent self-financed debut album from Indiana's Lorenguard. This is one of the most beautiful layouts I've seen from any unsigned band, and the music is top-notch from start to finish with catchy melodies, bombastic choruses, fiery lead guitars, and amazing keyboards.

And to think I invited these guys to perform before having their album in my hands. Now I am even more proud to debut them in Marietta, Georgia on July 7th. :worship:

Their "Eve of Corruption" is very listenable - just finished a go-around. Not enough complexity or aggressiveness for me personally - but anyone looking for symphonic fantasy power metal in the Rhapsody mode - this effort is very good!