Lorenguard: Sneap Forum Project Available Now!

demirichris

Jul 16, 2009
Indianapolis Indiana
Hey dudes, I've been working on this project for years now and I'm super excited to announce that it is finally available!

Lorenguard-EveofCorruption.jpg

The record was tracked in my home studio but everyone who played a part in the in the post-production are members of the Sneap forum:

Ermz mixed the record.
Plec mastered the project.
Lasse reamped the guitars.
Morgan C edited the drums.

Here is the title track from the album "Eve of Corruption":

You can preview all the tracks via a widget on our website or via Facebook. If you happen to like what you hear, please pick up a copy! This album was completely independently funded so every little bit helps! The record is available digitally through itunes and as a sixteen paged digipak via CD baby and [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Eve-of-Corruption/dp/B0068ZZYK2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1322772737&sr=8-2"]Amazon[/ame].

We are going to be playing the Pathfinder fest in July as well!!!

387304_10150399328718435_46562223434_8579121_671442045_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damnit. Such a dumbass mistype, it was late when I put that together. It's edited now. Sorry Lasse! No heroic dogs were involved with the production of this album.

It's so weird...I write technical reports all day for a day job but whenever it's time to send a personal email or something I mistype shit like this all the time.

I thought Lorenguard had broken up or gone on hiatus, Chris.

Are all the same dudes involved now as before?

I remember first hearing about Lorenguard and your guitar playing back when demiricous was siging to metal blade? Or maybe a little time later? Which band came first?

Did you play drums on this?

Do any of the dudes in Lorenguard play in Theophagy? I saw the shirt, and a few of them looked familiar. We played with them in the spring.

@Nate: Lorenguard never broke up. I just had to leave the band when Demiricous got picked up by Metal Blade due to things getting too hectic. Once I left the D, I knew I wanted to get back to this project. I really enjoy the additional challenges and rewards that melodic writing brings. Also, I've always been more of a guitar player than a drummer, so it was nice to have an outlet there.

The band is basically new members minus myself, the drummer and bass player. Getting a new and capable vocalist really helped the band.

I play guitar and I wrote the majority of the music, so the project is very close to my heart.

We are super pumped to have a product that we can be proud of and that represents us fully. The demo's and EP's before were all rush jobs with a different vocalist; I was only partly involved with one.

No members in Theocracy are in Lorenguard.

Lassie jokes aside, I'm very proud of how this one came out. I put a lot of hard work into it, and in the end it paid off. Music like this is always a challenge to mix, but is extra rewarding when it comes up well. Plec did a miraculous master too. Eternal thanks to Chris for his endless patience too.

Good luck with the launch, and the coming festival Chris. Pretty cool that you guys are playing alongside Theocracy.