Lorenguard - symphonic/fantasy power metal from the USA, check them out!

Jack Nippleson
May 13, 2007
I recently came across this symphonic power metal band from the USA - yes, the USA - and they're based less than two hours away from me in the state of Indiana. This is the first quality power metal band I've seen from the USA that uses keyboards and fantastic elements. They just released their debut album 'Eve of Corruption' at the end of November and I bought it -- and it was a wonderful purchase.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/lorenguard

Check them out, there are a couple songs on there. Highly recommended for fans of Rhapsody and symphonic power metal with fantasy elements. The music sounds incredibly reminiscent of European power metal and really hits you in the face sometimes. Harpsichords, strings, organs, blistering speed, it's all there.

It's even nerdier than Rhapsody -- the band members adopt character names, complete with artwork of the characters in the booklet! The album is a musical accompaniment to a Lorenguard novel that's coming out early next year, actually - and it's written by the band's drummer, too. So it's a complete fantasy package!

These guys need promotion, I hope somebody out there enjoys it as much as I do!

Indeed sir, it came out November 29th! I have it sitting next to me. Well worth your money, it's an hour of great music! It's called Eve of Corruption.

Well now I think it's time for an early Christmas present ^_^

EDIT: Turns out this only seems available from an American source and it isn't as cheap getting it over to Europe as I would like :/ If anyone has a suggestion I'm all ears.

Aw nuts, Dom. There is iTunes of course, but if you want the physical thing yeah unfortunately you're out of luck. If you want, I'll buy you a copy and mail it to you. The last track on this album, Hands of Chaos, is so good! The ballad before it (Embrace) is a little long, at almost 8 minutes, but it has some great musicianship.

It's about freakin' time I hear some power metal like this from here. This is awesome!! I must buy this album now!

Oh yeah, I bought my copy through CD Baby. That seems like a reasonable price!

Glad you guys like it :D