help buying a new axe

Jun 6, 2007
after the new year i am looking to get rid of my rr3 and buy a new axe.I am looking to spend about £500 but might go a bit over, looking at getting one with emgs or sd blackouts. So can anyone recommend me a new axe cheers

I currently really dig this one

axevl4.jpg

i am looking for a thin neck, trem yes if i can get it at the price. Right now the rr3 neck aint nice to play and after playing my pals ibanez prestige i was like i need to get me one of those, only thing is it dont come with emgs or blackout.
lol that is one sexy axe :headbang::headbang:

Tough call dude, any new guitar your gonna get with a trem at that price range is almost certainly gonna be a (crappy) licensed Floyd knockoff - better to either buy used and get something with an OFR (original Floyd Rose) or Schaller Floyd Rose, or go tune-o-matic/hardtail (but I hate hardtails) if you wanna buy new...

Nah, I've never heard good things about those ESP licensed Floyds, the ONLY way I can see it being workable is if you blocked it to make it downward-only (IME it's only when it's floating that you really notice the tuning stability differences between good and crap)

gutted i love the look of it, i am goin to go to guitar guitar at the weekend but i dont no a lot about guitars and dont want to get sold a donkey. Any ibanez's or jackson's worth having a look at in that budget?

Why buy new when there are so many used bargains to be had?

I picked up a used RG550LTD on ebay for £300.
Ripped out the stock pickups and bought a used EMG 81 and 85 for approx £30 each on ebay.

For £360 I've got an extremely playable made in Japan guitar with a lightning-fast neck, EMG actives, and a trem (Lo-Pro Edge) that's comparable to an Original Floyd Rose.

MT01............well i dont need to buy new, used would be fine but i just dont no what i am goin for i thought i would just ask cause all you guys no what yous are talking about and after playing my pals ibanez i really like the neck on that. Thing is i look at these guitars like the esp ltd m400 and Metaltastic said it want that good. I like the look and sound of the Ibanez RGR08 Goddamn Guitar posted a clip and it sounded good any more like it?

Nah, I've never heard good things about those ESP licensed Floyds, the ONLY way I can see it being workable is if you blocked it to make it downward-only (IME it's only when it's floating that you really notice the tuning stability differences between good and crap)

my ESP LTD M100 with emgs (from 01 so its basically what that 400 series is nowadays as mines a korean built one, just like them 400 as the ones under are indonesian now) has a licensed one, and its amazing!! the only downside is that the trem bar keeps coming lose, however when i do string bends, or double bends, the bending of one string hardly knocks the pitch of the other out, which is pretty sweet, considering my original floyd rose on the schecter doesnt do that! think its deffo not down to the springs, as i put the ltds springs in my razorback when i had that to try and solve the razorbacks dire pitch changes when bending strings and it didnt work, must just be a good combination on the esp!!

oh and BTW, i bought my Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR from the US and including a guitar case, and shipping and custom taxes for £460.. pretty sweet deal i thought considering the EMGs and original floyd rose. Its mahogany, and with the emgs it makes it one of the best sounding guitars ive ever played!

just look for a good seller on ebay, and discuss shipping options, how much you want to declare it for (i declared mine for £300 so if it was bust id at least get most of my money back from the couriers)

just for the eye candy:
PICT2639.jpg