Help finding Midi-controller etc.

LSD-Studio

HCAF crusher
Jul 2, 2006
Germany
www.lsd-tonstudio.de
Hey there,
I gotta get myself some preamps and a good midi-controller for cubase.

I thought about getting the "Digidesign Control 24" can anyone tell me something about the quality of the pres and-more important- does anybody know if/how this thing would work with cubase?

are there any other options (controllerwise) you would advice?
16 pres and 24 faders is cool....i wouldn't mind paying less though:)

thanks

Thanks for the tip....
but to be honest I like the "console-like" look (and probably feel) of the digi...
also that it is one unit and not just a bunch of small plastic-things put together.
the mackie might be great, but it just doesn't look like "recordingstudio" if you know what i mean....clients need meterbridges ;)

Does anyone know if the digi would work with cubase via usb or so?

can't afford a WK-Audio ID or the Mackie Digital X Bus dxb 200 or even an euphonix;)

the 16pres is another thing I like....
although that's not a must i could get some outboard pres if the controller is less....
just wanna have a bigass cocksubstituting thing if you know what i mean ;)

is it just me, or does matching a controller that high end, with a low end sequencer like cubase seem odd?

Heh fair enough, I'd just think the lack of sidechaining and stuff would be a big limitation, if you're aiming at pro level everything else.

Heh fair enough, I'd just think the lack of sidechaining and stuff would be a big limitation, if you're aiming at pro level everything else.

you're right about that sidechain-thing...that's still a bit complicated in cubase...it does work though.
forget about that "and stuff" there's nothing else cubase can't do that the others can......
(what abou midi in PT? ;) )

still a matter of taste nothing to do with "high-end"/pro and non-pro.

havent tested the sound-differences myself, that's just what Peter Weihe told me.....he's testing and optimizing everything...even Massenberg listens to his reviews.;)
He said Nuendo/Cubase sounds best by far followed by PT...
then comes Logic....with some distance though ;)

I worked on all of those, but for me cubase feels way more comfortable then the rest (just got used to it/personal preference)...I still have PT and logic running here...but do only use them for the transfer ofg projects from different Studios etc..

but the control24 looks really sweet and i like the thought of heaving 16 preamps built in