Help Improve My Tone?

submersed

<B>HTML RULEZ D00D</B>
Sep 29, 2009
www.twitter.com
Hey guys,

This is a small clip from a cover of Lil' Jon's "Get Low" that myself and some friend have been working on. I'm looking for general comments on the mix as well as advice on what I can do to improve the guitar tone.

I have four tracks for guitars, L100, L70, R100, R70, I tracked the left and right separately. For all guitars, I'm using TSS > Nick Crowe 8505 Lead > SIR2, on the L100 and R100 tracks, I'm using Ozone.

In Ozone, I'm using two different presets on the guitars. I'm using presets because I'm too noob to figure out how to do it myself. (This is my first time ever recording guitar seriously...) On R100 guitar, I'm using the preset Single Band Master (Low ratio compression) - I don't know what that means, but I thought it sounded good. On the left guitar, I'm using EQ - 50Hz Hum (again, no clue what that means...) I'm using the Fredman Straight impulse on all guitar tracks.

If I judge it myself, I hear far too much bass in between strums / chugs, which I don't know how to get rid of, and I think the guitar tone itself might be a little too tinny, or high pitched.

I wish I understood more about EQ, and Ozone, but for now - this is the best I could come up with. I'd appreciate any tips. :headbang:

https://dl-web.getdropbox.com/get/Get Low Sample.mp3?w=783aeacd

Put it on dropbox, you'll get a lot more people listening to it.
To tell you the truth I wouldn't personally bother downloadng it from mediafire, it's just easier on drop box.
Before I even hear it, get rid of the fucking Ozone, you don't need it to make guitar sounds good and you've just told us you don't even know what the things on it mean, which only further proves the point you shouldn't be using it.
Don't just slap things on there for the sake of it, actually understand what it's doing.