Help me decide which color LEDs to put in my Xbox controllers

Jan 10, 2005
So I have been bored lately and have been modifying the aesthetics of a couple of my controllers. So far I have swapped the LEDs on my silver controller from the stock green to white, and one of my black controllers now has (real) black 9mm bullet shell ABXY buttons:

silverwhitelight.png

blackwithbullets.png

I want to swap the LEDs out in the 3 black controllers I have, but can't decide what colors to do. I was thinking on the bullet button one I could do blue, but then what for the other 2? Or should I do white on all of them? The color options are:

white
blue
red
amber (yellow)
orange

There is also pink/hot pink and purple, but I am not using those :lol:

What say ye? :)

Also, anyone else here modified their controllers? I just ordered PS2/3 analog sticks to try on the bullet controller. Some people say those work better for FPS games since they are concave as opposed to the stock xbox convex sticks, allowing you to roll your thumbs on them easier, we shall see...

@Derpsicle: Haha, can't tell if you are making a joke about RROD but in case you aren't... I believe all XBox consoles have green lights on the front, and then green on the controllers to match. If you were making a joke, well, XBL > PSN, and XB controller > PS controller, it's science. /sarcasm

So I have the silver one with white, can do one of the black ones in blue, then another in yellow (good idea Jarkz), and maybe leave the 3rd black one with the stock green.

Obviously this isn't anything important, I just suck at deciding on shit like this. Moar opinionz plz.

Yeah, as I said, pretty bored haha. I'm not going to be going all crazy with it, you should see some of the stuff some people do to their controllers :loco:

Anyway, already ordered everything. Went with blue and amber.

Thanks man :kickass:

No, not really interested in trying to change the ones on the console. I'm sure I could do it, but it's easier (cheaper) to replace a controller if anything goes wrong.

You can get them all over the web, I got mine from skriggzmodz.com. There is also a shotgun shell mod for the d-pad and thumbsticks.

@Derpsicle: Haha, can't tell if you are making a joke about RROD but in case you aren't... I believe all XBox consoles have green lights on the front, and then green on the controllers to match. If you were making a joke, well, XBL > PSN, and XB controller > PS controller, it's science. /sarcasm

It was a joke :D and I prefer PC for gaming, it's not that sluggish on fps and stuff.
But to be a bit serious, I'd prefer red or yellow.

Isn't red the stock color in the rings of an xbox? :D

Don't tell me about it. Just had the red rings of death this saturday just when the warranty expired. Fucking cheap chinese piece of crap. Now I have to take it apart and try all sorts of fixes on. Just outrageous that you pay nearly 200 bucks for something and then you have to waste money and resource to fix it yourself because the fucks at microsoft want you to buy a new one every couple of years. Rant over, carry on.
Controllers look awesome by the way :lol:

Don't tell me about it. Just had the red rings of death this saturday just when the warranty expired. Fucking cheap chinese piece of crap. Now I have to take it apart and try all sorts of fixes on. Just outrageous that you pay nearly 200 bucks for something and then you have to waste money and resource to fix it yourself because the fucks at microsoft want you to buy a new one every couple of years. Rant over, carry on.
Controllers look awesome by the way :lol:

That sucks man :( I had an Elite that got some error with the GPU, I forget the exact issue. I found somebody on Craigslist that would fix it for $40 and they gave a 3-year warranty on their work as well as any other issues your console will have because they don't just fix the issue, they actually upgrade a couple of parts so it shouldn't happen again. I would suggest trying to find someone like that in your area.

Even though I got it fixed and supposedly it shouldn't have another problem "forever" (according to the guy that fixed it), I sold it the next day on Craigslist and bought a new Slim model which isn't supposed to have any of the issues the old style consoles did. *shrug*

@Phil: Hahaha... something to think about, for sure.