Help me find speakers

Mike

Jan 11, 2004
Denzel, WA.
gotta have some audiophiles in here. Im looking for some small satellite speakers for my home theatre. looking for something really small, yet packs a punch, like 100 watts. Preferably dirt cheap in price, and a package deal where you get 4 speakrs and a center channel, and if you find one with a subwoofer, thats cool too, im looking for a smaller sub too.

Heres an example of what im looking for:

http://www.buy.com/prod/JBL_SCS_300...System_with_Dual_3/q/loc/63051/202831454.html

thanks

1. Audiophiles (real ones) are fucking idiots who spend $10,000 on a system and buy a $400 wooden knob because someone told them it makes music sound better.

2. Did you search for reviews on the system?

3. Dirt cheap usually DOESN'T give off good sound. I ended up paying roughly $700 to make mine relatively decent.

well, i found a set of Klipsch speakers, 4 wall satellites and a center channel, they are about 400 bucks and i didnt need to hear them to know that they would rule, but im looking for something a little bit cheaper. Im not looking to spend a whole lot, and I would argue that dirt cheap doesnt mean they suck because my logitech speakers were dirt cheap, and i love them.

I don't think it's exactly what you're looking for, but I swear by this company:
www.edesignaudio.com

I don't have any of their home audio stuff, but I have some of their car audio and it's some of the best I've ever heard.
Yeah, it is the best I've ever heard. Really.
I won't look back after having their products.

I'd suggest the Klipsch stuff. It will be worth it in the end, and you won't have to pay another $400 further down the line in upgrading.

I use the Promedia 2.1s (around $200) for my computer and it's more than ample for my needs.

I have Boston Acoustics for my surround. I wouldn't buy anything else. I have had my front speakers for 10 years and they are incredible still. They list no limit to what they can handle. They were pricey when I got them but well worth it. My center channel and rears are also BA, they are great as well. I probably spent $1100. So well beyond what you are looking to spend, but worth the investment in the long run. They are pretty compact, not as small as the jbl's or Bose, but really deliver. I test the BA against the Bose and the Bose were weak.

Mike, I could say, if you want a good all in one designed for PCs but would work with TVs as well, Logitech Z-5500s, but they're a hefty price.

Other than that, look into BIC Venturi sets maybe. I've heard a few good thing about Elemental Designs too.

i have a receiver, i just need speakers
i found a set of Klipsch Promedia 5.1 speakers, no sub and no control dock... just the speakers which have the black and red connectors... starting bid on ebay is 15 bucks... i doubt anyone else would want them since they are useless without the sub or some sort of receiver... hopefully ill get them cheap cuz <3 Klipsch