help me with my schecter

Tachy

Senior Fuckers
Dec 9, 2005
In Italy
Just 3 or 4 days ago I recieved a schecter c7 blackjack.
The guitar is fine, the set up is beautiful, but I'm not really happy with the pick ups.
The blackjack came with the famous seymour duncan combo jb-59.
The pick ups sound good but sincerly I need more output and distortion.
I think that I'll change the pick ups but sincerly I'm confused......

I have all my guitars loaded with emg, and this time I have tryed to change..but yes the emg is very good but I think that I could not put i my guitar.

Please, give it a 2-nd shot. The JB-59 combo is great, maybe not that metal-ish as EMGs. But they sure sound great. Think about a booster like the EMG AB "afterburner" or PA-2 that should give you the EMG feeling when on.

First the ESP viper and now this. Tachy you need to go out and try these guitars before you buy them. Good luck.

I can't. fucking. stand. JB's for anything but lead.

Hell, I don't like most Duncans, period. Duncan has about 3 different models that they swap the pole pieces and magnets on to make 15 different models. The JB, DD, and Invader are all the same coils. The Custom series all have the same coils. The Jazz, 59, Full Shred, and A2P all sound super, super similar.

I'd go with a DiMarzio. A Blaze or Evo would work out quite well in that axe. The Evo is often described as the passive version of the 707 - sometimes with more gain - over at the SevenString.org forum.

Tachy said:

I really don't understand the point of this sentence... :err:
Let me get this straight, you have a SD JB at bridge position and Framus Cobra head and you LACK distortion? Is there maybe something wrong with your preamp tubes? Cause I've played that amp with my Yamaha Pacifica which had stock alnico pickups (jb is hotter than them, no question) and had more than enough distortion...

Tachy said:
Just 3 or 4 days ago I recieved a schecter c7 blackjack.
The guitar is fine, the set up is beautiful, but I'm not really happy with the pick ups.
The blackjack came with the famous seymour duncan combo jb-59.
I think that I'll change the pick ups but sincerly I'm confused......

Hey Tachy!

Did you buy it by mail? At a store? How much did you pay it?

It is a great guitar to me! I played a little Kaomao's C-7 blackjack and it was fine in output and sustain and tone plugged into a 5150.

Originally posted by Chadsxe
First the ESP viper and now this. Tachy you need to go out and try these guitars before you buy them. Good luck.
I sell the esp viper only for the strap button, the schecter is more confortable and I'm happy but ther is 5 or 6 years that I use only emg and probably I need a little time to dig the seymour.

Originally posted by Fabbio
Hey Tachy!

Did you buy it by mail? At a store? How much did you pay it?

It is a great guitar to me! I played a little Kaomao's C-7 blackjack and it was fine in output and sustain and tone plugged into a 5150.
My Brother Bought it in germany and paid it 700 euros

Yes Maurizio You are right...I'll buy the next guitar in usa.
Today I played the guitar, my problem is now solved, Yesterday I plugged the guitar in a bad jack, now the pick up are ok and also the sound...this guitar have a very fat sound...