help me with my toms!!!

If you want a more focussed low end on the toms try something like Waves Rbass.

I think it was Sturgis that originally mentioned this for the toms originally and I tried it the other day on a track and it does pull the low end together perfectly so you get more of a focused thud. Other than that proper compression and a touch of reverb for depth will help.

Well if I were you I would gate those toms. That being said, I don't personally ever use noise gates. I cut all the tom hits separately. This way YOU can control every single tom hit tail etc. And it's not a lot of work in the end. I feel like toms are one of those drums that sound best when you don't really do anything to them. I might have CLA DRUMS on TOM setting and turn off the gate and reverb.

IMO most of the tom attack and punch comes from the overhead tracks. Separate tom mics are more like an effect to bring the low end to toms. If your toms ring out too long you have overcompressed them. Generally I would suggest using VERY LITTLE compression on toms.

uff i try to do something but not to works, its much works guys if you can work with the audio tom file that i put here and tell me the specific settings to get the right sound? please.

Well I guess the problem here is that you don't know how to make that track work in a mix. A tom track soloed like this won't sound "amazing". It's there mostly for the low end punch etc.

Best tom tones I get have NOTHING ON THEM. Just cut out all the parts where the toms are not being played. A bit of work but it makes the world of difference.

uff i try to do something but not to works, its much works guys if you can work with the audio tom file that i put here and tell me the specific settings to get the right sound? please.

So you want us to do all the work and tell you how to get the magic sound? :bah:

You just need to experiment with eq, compression and such just like the rest of us did for years until we figured it out. You can't just expect someone else to do it then give you a setting. You won't learn anything.

And FWIW, it sounds like the biggest thing would be for you to get a better recording in the first place. I rarely do much to toms either. If you want them to sound like cannons, you need drums that sound like cannons, tuned correctly and hit correctly and recorded correctly.

i think that the problem here was the tuned. i have a sonor delite i mic the toms with sennheisers e604. yo have much sustain. i will try for the next ajust the resonance head to get less sustain

If you cant get a hold of some of these plugins, try sucking out around 600-700Hz and boosting somewhere between 5-8 kHz. Then add a compressor with a relatively fast attack setting, and mess around with the release until you get something sounding good.

If you have a frequency analyzer plugin, put it on a tom track, and see what frequencies are most prominent and try boosting or attenuating these areas.