help me with this bass

use a bass, full stop...
i'v never understood the logic of downpitching a guitar to sound like one.

pitch shifting anything IMO makes stuff sound like shite.

there is hell of alot in the design of a bass guitar that makes it sound like a bass guitar, string thickness, neck length, pickups, finger tone on the strings from the depth of the frets etc.. loads of stuff... so why would pitch shifting a guitar ever sound like a bass?

never tried it tho, never thought it was a logical idea...

and listening to that clip has made all this obvious.

even if u cant afford to buy one, get yourself a cheap one from argos or something, make sure its setup fine, get fresh strings and off you go:)

will sound better than a pitch shifted guitar:)

unless anyone can proove otherwise

Jim

I would try to use a better pitch shifter first if you want to do that. The artifacts are horrible.
Jesterroot is right tho...you will save yourself a lot of time if you just borrow a bass from someone.

use a bass, full stop...
i'v never understood the logic of downpitching a guitar to sound like one.

pitch shifting anything IMO makes stuff sound like shite.

there is hell of alot in the design of a bass guitar that makes it sound like a bass guitar, string thickness, neck length, pickups, finger tone on the strings from the depth of the frets etc.. loads of stuff... so why would pitch shifting a guitar ever sound like a bass?

never tried it tho, never thought it was a logical idea...

and listening to that clip has made all this obvious.

even if u cant afford to buy one, get yourself a cheap one from argos or something, make sure its setup fine, get fresh strings and off you go:)

will sound better than a pitch shifted guitar:)

unless anyone can proove otherwise

Jim

+1

if your really stuck, i'm sure there are a good few amount of people that wont mind recording some bass for u. just post up a track that needs some bass, i'm sure u'll get a few hits, i wudnt mind doing some:)