New Death Metal Mix, coments?

MX582 said:
snare sounds too quiet to me and on some of the rolls it sounds very "machined" but i guess its not easy to make a drum machine sound like someones actually playing

I tried the snare louder early on in my mixing but it seemed to be sticking out to much in the mix so I backed it of. As far as the rolls, yeah, programing drums is not the easy for me but I am learing and trying to get everything sounding a bit more human.

Peter

Just incase anyone cares, here is my Home Recording set-up.

Jackson DKGMT Dinky w/EMG Guitar
Ibanez GSR200 4-String Bass
Marshall MG Series 250DFX
M-Audio Audiophile 2496 PCI Digital Audio Card
Behringer V-AMP PRO
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor Pedal
Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer Pedal
Boss GE-7 Equalizer Pedal
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
2 Behringer XM8500 Microphones
1 Behringer Eurorack UB802 Mixer
Acoustica Mixcraft Recording Software
Acoustica Beatcraft Drum Machine Software

Peter

if youre going for the machine sounding drums then its sick. i think the guitars should be turned up a tad, like 1db. I like the panned vocals, they might be too harsh though, try dropping the volume on them a little bit so they sound more like backgroun vox, or you can always pan them to the back

Rekisum said:
Yeahhh... death metal when it's best. Mainstream though, but sounds really good from here over my Thruth 2031A. The drums sounds okay.

Cool, glad to hear the song sounds good on your monitors.

Peter

Thedeloshimself said:
if youre going for the machine sounding drums then its sick. i think the guitars should be turned up a tad, like 1db. I like the panned vocals, they might be too harsh though, try dropping the volume on them a little bit so they sound more like backgroun vox, or you can always pan them to the back

Think the guitars need to be turned up or maybe the overall vocals turned down? Seems like when I try turning the guitars up a bit they seem to become over powering. It is still a work in progress. Thanks.

Peter

somtimes what happens is when youre working on your stuff for a while you think subconsciously that nothing sounds right because its your own stuff, try turning it up a little and post it to see what other people think

Thedeloshimself said:
somtimes what happens is when youre working on your stuff for a while you think subconsciously that nothing sounds right because its your own stuff, try turning it up a little and post it to see what other people think

Yeah, I took a little break and will get back to mixing more today.