Help me you Opeth Fans!!!!

drowd

Feb 11, 2008
Hi I'm in big trouble... well not that much but still. I have a homework for tomorrow : I need to analyse a Song and I really want to talk about an Opeth song but I don't know which one... I'd really appreciate if you could help me. Thanks ! sorry if my english ain't perfect :p I'm not from an english speaking country.

Hi I'm in big trouble... well not that much but still. I have a homework for tomorrow : I need to analyse a Song and I really want to talk about an Opeth song but I don't know which one... I'd really appreciate if you could help me. Thanks ! sorry if my english ain't perfect :p I'm not from an english speaking country.

Talk about how he finds out that he has passed on....

I'd like a song from either Morningrise/BWP/Deliverance or Damnation. Maybe ''clean songs'' but hey any song is warmly welcome.

My friend did a presentation on isolation years. (track 8 on ghost reveries)

that song is extremely easy to interpret, its a normal length (compared to most songs) and its sans growl

has a very gloomy tone.. I could go on and on, but yea, thats what I'd recommend

"Isolation Years" off of Ghost Reveries. Beautiful, short, clean vocals..everyone in class will like it. Don't hurt your brain thinking about it!

Don't do a mellow song. Do a song that's truly representative of Opeth.

When I had a similar assignment, I used "When."

Silhouette review, by drowd.

Silhouette situates the listener outside the paradoxical self-perspective, establishing an analytical stance which posits that the human situation is characterized by representations of what is real. Reminiscent of Schoenberg, the transitional counterpoint elements neatly reinforce this Platonic worldview in its emphasis on successive tritonal intervals accompanied by latent absolute pitch rather than their non-Locrian modal counterparts, thus presenting life as an illusion. Combined with the nonconformative anti-leifmotif structure and diatonic consonance these elements combine to demonstrate the doppler effect, the potential for existential phenomenology to be seen through the vehicle of music opened up for the astute listener.

Silhouette review, by drowd.

Silhouette situates the listener outside the paradoxical self-perspective, establishing an analytical stance which posits that the human situation is characterized by representations of what is real. Reminiscent of Schoenberg, the transitional counterpoint elements neatly reinforce this Platonic worldview in its emphasis on successive tritonal intervals accompanied by latent absolute pitch rather than their non-Locrian modal counterparts, thus presenting life as an illusion. Combined with the nonconformative anti-leifmotif structure and diatonic consonance these elements combine to demonstrate the doppler effect, the potential for existential phenomenology to be seen through the vehicle of music opened up for the astute listener.

********* isn't welcome here!!!

If it's clean tracks you want you can't go wrong with one of either Harvest,Windowpane,In My Time Of Need or Hope Leaves.Or go and analyse the prolonged epic tracks which blow your socks off,mine of which are Bleak and The Moor!

You can't expect a website named after the human poopchute to hold any kind of credibility, can you? :)