HELP! Midi Drum Mapping in Reaper to send for mixing in Pro Tools

Sep 2, 2010
Hey guys. I'll try and make this brief. I'm sending a few projects to get mixed and mastered that I have to redo the drums on because I didn't use midi mapping originally, just a standalone drum sample program (Beatcraft) and imported the drums as wavs. My producer needs a midi map so he can use his own samples. I've never done this.
I purchased EZ Drummer 2. Cool. I can learn the mapping part, that's not what i'm wondering about. What I'm wondering is how to properly map and export so that everything in the kit is labeled so when he opens it he knows what samples to use since midi has no sonic information, just basically "on/off, velocity,", etc. It looks as though I'm going to have to label the note names in the editor in Reaper which looks like a huge pain in the ass but at least EZ2 has that info in their .pdf.
Since he uses Pro Tools and I use Reaper, will the "note names" that I label in the midi editor translate when I export?

Or do I need to have separate tracks of only kick, only snare, etc (as midi).?
^if option 2 is the case, do I map the whole thing, glue together, then add tracks, copy the map for each tracks but delete everything except for that part of the kit (snare, kick, etc.) that i want the track to be?
I know he wants everything labeled, even numerically and that's a breeze for wav files but this midi thing is new to me and i'm not sure how things translate with the export process and importing into another DAW. He just said he needs a "Midi map of the drums with everything labeled" I can't seem to find a cohesive tutorial or article on this and time is of the essence, patience is running out. Please advise!!!