How to send midi from PT to an outboard Synth?

barricade

Giggity Geschmougen
Oct 31, 2007
Well... i'm pritty much new to midi. I have a guy arriving to my studio this week and he is bringing a Yamaha Motif 6 with him to record some strings and stuff. He wrote all the music in guitar pro 5. So i will export the midi from Guitar pro 5 and import it to Pro Tools 8.0.0!
My problem is that i can't find no midi sends on a midi track in pro tools? So how can i send midi from pro tools to an outboard synth and then get audio back to my DAW?

Connect MIDI out from your interface to MIDI in on the Motif. Then connect two jack cables from the Motif outs to 2 instrument inputs on your interface. When you press play, the MIDI data will be sent to the Motif and you can record them in audio in your DAW.

Connect MIDI out from your interface to MIDI in on the Motif. Then connect two jack cables from the Motif outs to 2 instrument inputs on your interface. When you press play, the MIDI data will be sent to the Motif and you can record them in audio in your DAW.

this but to get this going. you'll have to make sure that the output of the MIDI track that you've imported into the session is set to the relevant output.
Would probably be 003 port 1.

Aham... ok, tnx! Just like i thought... the only issue i have is that now that i have a midi track i can't select which midi out should it use. I have Digi 002 and it has two midi outs!

So as you can see in the picture, there is no option to select which output to use!

midi.jpg

Hmm, that's strange... I work with the 002 too, and I can see a lot more output possibilities. Check preferences as stated above.

Ok... i'll try to sort it out... will post what was wrong if i find it out!
tnx guys