HELP!!! My podxt is being finnicky

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
For some reason, my Podxt now only puts out signal to the left channel in my headphones! It's definitely not the headphones, because they work fine plugged into anything else, but whenever I plug them into the Podxt, I can only hear sound out of the left channel. I recently took it somewhere in my backpack and it took a bit of a thump when I plopped it on the ground, but I can't hear any rattling when I shake it, and I doubt it's a short or some wiring issue because jiggling the plug in the jack does absolutely nothing. It certainly seems like a solidly built "kidney bean" to me, so I'm hoping it's some software issue. Any help you guys could be would be much appreciated!

-Marcus

Dumb question and probably not the answer, but do your headphones have a mono/stereo toggle on them somewhere?

I had the same problem and I discovered that my headphones have this little hidden toggle on them. Switched to mono and it fixed it. However that's probably not the problem or solution, just what happened with me.