Help Plz, Recording and mixing an E.P

MahbodFaillz

New Metal Member
Oct 24, 2011
Hi there. I'm starting to mix our first e.p , its metalcore , I'm the singer.

I'M NOT TRYING TO SOUND LIKE JOEY OR AA , but since I don't have enough money and I don't have access to many gears I HAVE TO USE SAMPLES AND MODELING SOFTWARES.

Most of our songs are based on Riffs and Simple choruses.but there are breakdowns and some slight synth uses.
everything is tabbed , so I can get the drums and bass MIDIs from Guitar Pro.

I'll ask questions in progress , I really need your help.
but for the beginning :
WHAT DRUMS SAMPLE SOFTWARE , AND WHAT PACKAGE , Should I have for getting sounds so real like AA's Stand up and Scream?
I really like the snares and I've seen people in forum making covers of that album , in some covers , drums sounds really like the album version.
I have XNL Addictive Drums 1.5 , is that any useful ?!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a RG370DX with EMG 81/85 on it , I'll record all tracks [Clean for now] , And record 2 takes of everything on vocals , and ask you more
I'm really alone in this project and every help in the progress would be highly appreciated .
Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------
And BTW I use Reaper.

Welcome to the forum. There is a search function sticky for a reason; questions like these get asked a lot. Also, I'm pretty sure its snare 11 not 12a

Thx! And , Really I don't care about sounding like AA , its just Stand Up And Screams Drums are really, really close to real drums , I don't care about that specific sound , I just want my drums to sound real , if You have anything better in mind , I'll use that.
And I make my own guitar tone. , I'm sorry about not using the search function , I'm really new to forums.
the thing is I'm in a very , very restricted country , I can't even find a store that sells a good amp , so I'm forced to use software.
Thank you again.