Help save my soul

TravestyOfMan

What year is this?!?
Sep 22, 2001
Australia
I've been into metal for a few years now but I have to admit that I have never really gotten into Aussie metal, not because I think the bands are shit or anything, but basically through my own ignorance. I've heard the odd song here or there from Alchemist, Dreadnaught... mostly stuff off Triple J. The thing is most of the stuff I've heard sounds fucking great, it's just that I don't know fuck all about Aussie metal so I thought I'd get some advice.

What are some of your favorite bands, or what bands would you say are 'must listen to' bands in Aussie metal? And what are some albums that you guys would recommend?

Don't mean to sound like a wanker or anything by asking these questions, but I just know that there's a lot of great music that I'm missing out on. Cheers.

These bands fuckin rule, Sakkuth, Alchemist, Damaged, Dungeon, Enter VI, Pod People, Blood Duster, Vanishing Point, Earth, Sadistik Exekution, Dern Rutlidge, Drednaught, Nazxul, Misery, Abramelin, Dark Order, Automation, Lord Kaos, Abortus, Armoured Angel.

Once you hear all them come back for some more..:D

Check out South Australian Metal also: MARTIRE, ONI, Slaughter Thou, StarGazer, DARK LORD, Misery's Omen, MadSwitch, Fury, Jesus Anal Penetration, Sarsekim, Nocturnes Mist and many others....!

And of course, Virgin Black if you like your tunes mournful and classical.

I'm much the same... I've heard a fair bit of Australian metal via 3 hours of power, yet I know that I don't know anything about it...

Clarky said:
tdebn, vaginal carnage, fid, agents of aborrence, undinism, kutabre, schfosi, garbage guts
+ Captain Cleanoff and Shagnum ;)

I'll also quickly add that this Friday 16th of April, Vaginal Carnage, The Day Everything Became Nothing, Garbage Guts and InjuryToEye will be playing at the Greyhound in St Kilda - so if you're in Melbourne, be there or be retarded.