Recommended albums

TravestyOfMan

What year is this?!?
Sep 22, 2001
Australia
I've been trying to get into some Aussie bands recently and started by picking up Alchemist's 'Organasm' which I love. I want to pick up some of their earlier albums... which order would you recommend I buy them (from best to worst)? Budget is a little tight at the moment...

I'm really into that sort of melodic and progressive style of metal.. could anyone recommend some albums by other Australian metal bands that are 'must haves' in that style? Thanks in advance.

Get the rest of the alchemist cd's in this order
1.Spiritech
2.Lunasphere
3.Eve of the war and jar kingdom(they are both 15 bucks from memory so get them in one go)

but make sure you get Spiritech,it's easily the best Alchemist cd,in my opinion anyway,i'm sure alot of others agree.

Originally posted by ONI Martire
I would reccomend Jar of Kingdom, teh 1st Alchemist album (which has been re-released with their 1st demo) as it is their most experimental...

Yeah, I agree with that. I think that although the band's other output has been great, "Jar Of Kingdom" was their greatest step forward in terms of stylistic definition. It's a shame about the production, but at least the re-mastered version sounds a lot better.

"Lunasphere" would be my next pick.

Originally posted by TravestyOfMan

I'm really into that sort of melodic and progressive style of metal.. could anyone recommend some albums by other Australian metal bands that are 'must haves' in that style? Thanks in advance.

Well there aren't really any other bands in the 'style' of Alchemist, in Australia or anywhere. They are definitely unique. However, in terms of melodic and progressive metal, I would definitely check out Alarum too.

I'm sorry goreripper if I offended you by mis-pigeonholing the BAND....i'm sure we're talking about the same one(band that is)
I really couldn't give a fuck...and obviously don't know the difference....:)

Originally posted by sinsofman
I'm sorry goreripper if I offended you by mis-pigeonholing the BAND....i'm sure we're talking about the same one(band that is)
I really couldn't give a fuck...and obviously don't know the difference....:)

You didn't offend me... I just thought you were talking about another band. Testament doesn't have a female vocalist!

OK...
"What we have here...is a failure to communicate"
The band i'm talking about is from Tassie or Vic. and has a female vocalist...they play them abit on 3HofP

They'd better think about changing their name quick-smart. That's the advice Gough would give them!

I still cannot believe that there's an Aussie metal band going around calling themselves Testament! How could they be metal, and not know about the (real) Testament from California, one of the original Bay Area Thrash bands?

But wait! There's a band in Sydney called Mayhem, so I guess it isn't really that amazing after all.

:D